No announcement yet.

a stupid question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it has improved, but I'd go for lower still.

Comment

I'm thinking about cutting a hole or two in the side of my case and slappin a case fan or two in there... good idea?

I think I am not getting enough fresh cool air in, that might be holding the temp a bit high. Also, I am going to put it where it gets better ventilation...

any other suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe a good case fan to order? Tips on making it look pro?

thanks!

:cheers:
      <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
      Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
      Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
      2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
      80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
      </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
      Blaster Live!<br>
      Volcano 7+<br>
      GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
      19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
      </p></td></tr></table>

Comment

I think that would be a great idea. I added just two 80mm fans and it made a drastic improvement. Make them both intakes and make sure you have atleast on exhaust fan...
        - Damien

Comment

Two 80mm fans in the side, one over the CPU and the other covering as many cards (the video mostly though) as ya can. ;)
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Become a fan of fans & you'll be cool.:cool:

Comment

Fans and a good HSF are your only defense against heat unless you decide to try watercooling or something else like peltiers, but I'll not get into that since I've never tried it myself.

Comment

I'd feel safer with water cooling, if I wasn't fooling with the inside of the case as much. I'd be sure to knock something loose & end up with a leak.

Comment

Working...
                X