X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no kidding !!
    SPAM Special Ops

Comment

But it's just like most things about computers, it helps to have some facts before you go shopping.

Comment

my bro-inlaw had LOUD fans in his case...
        he switched them with quieter fans, and now you can barely hear his computer...
        SPAM Special Ops

Comment

SHOUTING "It can make a big difference." Two of my fans are noisy.

Comment

Kevlarmorte, if you hate rdram that mutch why don't you donate it to me cause i need it... lol

:laugh:

Comment

I'll take some too. Have 1024 now but for my next system ...

Comment

Me like quiet Sunon fans. hear myself think when running

Comment

I just read thru all posts and one thing came to mind, manufactorers don't necessary lie about fan's db ratings - they just don't post actual db rating of fan and heatsink combined.

One easy way to reduce pc noise is to replace the small 10000rpm cpu fan with much bigger - maybe adjustable fan.

My athlon system became so quiet I now need to check the powerled to see if its on...

Andy

Comment

Hi guys,

Just some extra input. One of the best ways to get silent airflow is using two fans at 7 volts instead of one at 12v. 2 at 7v make less noise but push (or pull) more air than one at 12v.

7 Volt fan mod here:

موقع اخباري عربي يهدف لنقل المعلومة للقارئ العربي بكل مصداقية واحترافية

You can actually do it without any cutting if using a 4 pin molex with two wires connected just remove the black pin with the wire from the second hole and put it into the fourth.

Also check out this interactive Excel sheet about fan noise and CFM

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X