No announcement yet.

AMD 1700+XP Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Zeradul on that...and TESNA what type of case cooling do you have if any at all?: peace2:
    - Damien

Comment

Flaco, were you talking to Zeradul, Wiggo or me. If me, I'm running 1 80mm front intake, 1 80 side intake and 1 80mm exhaust in the back.

Comment

I was refering the question to Tesna...because he is saying that his CPU is really hot. So case cooling prolly has to do with it. With the new case having room for more fans should be a nice addition. I did just a small case mod on my side panel..i added two fans (80mm) and it made a huge difference man. After i did my mod i could actually overclock and all since my system was not getting hot at all. :thumb:
        - Damien

Comment

Logan826 does your case have room at the top to install a blowhole as this is the best way to get rid of excessive heat in a case as heat rises and builds up around the top of the case then works its way back down. :smokin:
          <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Yes I have room at the top to do that. Maybe that will be my first case mode :) then I can try a window next LOL. Really I had thought about doing that, but this case (that should have been here by now) has one in the top.

Comment

Well good luck with the new case and remember that when applyin' the Arctic Silver that you just need a very thin even layer of it, use a plastic credit card or something similar to spread it with. :smokin:

Comment

What's the best solution to use to clean the heatsink and processer off with before applying the ArcticIII ?

Comment

Use some rubbing alcohol to help remove the old stuff. ;)

Comment

WOW, am I impressed. I added to more fans to my current case, 1 80mm top exhaust and 1 80mm side intake, plus I applied the ArcticIII. Since doing this I haven't seen a temp above 39c for the processer and 32c for the case. Those figures are under a load, normal is hanging around 36c+ for the processer and about 28c for the case. Thanks guys, you've been a great help. So far two forums at Tweaktown have helped me greatly.
                    Thanks again,
                    Logan826
                    p.s. Now that I've had the experience of cutting a case (and did a very nice job, if I don't say so myself, even the wife said it looked really good :)) I think I may try doing a window with some light effects LOL

Comment

Hehehe, glad that we could help ya out and impress the missus into the bargain. :devil:
                      <center> </center>

Comment

LOL yea nice going:D

Comment

Originally posted by Flaco
                          I agree with Zeradul on that...and TESNA what type of case cooling do you have if any at all?: peace2:
                          Sorry for late reply, btw I got mid tower configuration, with 2 80mm blowing air into the case at the front (actually my case got 2 more place for 80mm fans in the front so the total max fans is 4 at the front, I'm considering to add 2 more in the front to blow air in). Then at the back I got 2 80mm fans for exhaust. My 350wPSU fans only got 1 fans at the back. Yesterday I clean the original thermalpaste and changed it to artic silver, but the result still the same! maybe I should buy Volcano 7+ because I heard that heatsink is very good and its fans quite quiet. My original heatsink from AMD really noisy! I can hear my fans from outside the room!

Comment

Tesna, I had the SK-800 and the fan that they recommend with it. In my case I was running just one 80mm intake in the front and 1 80mm exhaust. All I did was add the Arctic III grease (followed the directions to a tee) added one 80mm intake in the side and one 80mm exhaust at the top. Made a world of difference. My hightest temp now has been 40c processer temp and 31c case temp and that is with an ambient temp in the room of 91F. (we just bought our house and haven't had the central air installed yet do to a back log at the company :() Anyway, I feel the biggest difference was following the exact directions for the Arctic Silver III and the exhaust fans.
                            Hope this helps,
                            Logan826

Comment

Thank you for your advice Logan826, but to add side intake fans and top exhaust fans I need to make a hole in my case, since I dont have the tools and I dont know how to do it, so I cant do that unless someone help me. I'll try to add 2 more 80mm intake fans in the front and change my heatsink to Volcano7+. Btw is volcano 7+ can be installed in GA-7VRXP ?

Comment

Yes the Volcano 7+ can be used on that board as that's what's in my N0.2 PC. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X