X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still won't work as this has been tried for years now with no success. :(
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

I guess it's pretty darn loud, but as long as it's in the name of cooling i don't care.
      Why won't it work?

Comment

lol that's the spirit:D
        i don't think aything short of an air compressor would have enuf pressure to make it work properly...but u neva know...:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

This is all ya really need. ;)

Comment

As I said before, the air we breathe is not an efficient chemical to use if you are trying to 'compress the heat out of it'

Even an air compressor only barely changes temp when it is compressing, and decompressing air.

Comment

You might use compressed air from a scuba tank. Heat that was created by compressing the gas has been equalized into the atmosphere (or into water as they are usually filled at least partially submerged to carry off the generated heat). The compressed air in scuba tanks also has had most of the moisture removed so there is less chance of condensation. :wave:

Comment

lol i wonder how many tanks of air u'd get through to play a couple of hrs of games:p

Comment

your persistance is very good but you wanting to see this work you on't see the easier way :water cooling :eek:

Comment

eheh yea exactly...although that computer with an air compressor in the side looks damn funni:D

Comment

If you have the tools, the system and the fever, you just gotta try something new. :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
                        chisholm[/size]]
                        eheh yea exactly...although that computer with an air compressor in the side looks damn funni :D
                        That was one of them CENTRIFUGAL BLOWERS from a car's aircon/heater system and other than the PSU fan (which sucked to say the least) was the only means of air getting into the system (directly over the heatsink first). It has an output of 170cfm and is fairly quiet at 40db. ;)

Comment

Wiggo Those should be able to be picked up at a junk yard for not too much moola. You aren't running that off the PSU for 12 volts are you?

Comment

If it's running in a car it should be 12v or less
                            car stuff is cool for computers, both 12v in most cases :)

Comment

I think that the fellow who did that one ran it off the PSU and a good one would be enough with what little he had in it. You could always run a second PSU though. Here read the entire article about it, http://www.overclockers.com/tips461/ ;)

Comment

:) That guy in the link sounds like he knows what he's doing. Now to make it look cool instead of strange - or both! :)

Comment

Working...
                                X