No announcement yet.

CPU Temps & Heatsinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i don;t think the volcano 9 is designed as a top perforkance cooler....more to replace the volcano 7:D

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
      yea i don;t think the volcano 9 is designed as a top perforkance cooler....more to replace the volcano 7:D
      so... volcano 7+ is still the better option than v9 ? ;)

after reading about tbreds and bartons, AMD new cooling recommendations, do you think volcano 7+ will suffice ?
      i'm planning to upgrade later this year (both the processor + HSF)...
      any suggestions ? :) thx in advanced

Comment

The 7+ will still fit in with T'bred's and Barton's coolin' recommendations as it's a full copper HSF and the recommendation is for at least a copper based HSF (no plain aluminium HSF's). :smokin:
        <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

yea teh volcano 7+ is still THE best cooler for it;s price:cheers:

Comment

Hi guys back again after buying me a AX-7, but think something maybe wrong!.

B4 was getting temps of 49c idle & 53c load.

Now with the AX-7 i'm getting 47c idle & 51c load.

I have seen temps better than these with the AX-7 with not such a good fan( I have a papst 34cfm 26dba).

My mb temp is down at 27c & I have also seen cpu temps posted as 3c above case temp with this heatsink.

Have I done something wrong or do these temps sound right. How do others get such low temps?

Many thanks for any comments.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Comment

Got us a pic of the volcano 9 Wiggo???

Btw: save the expense of rounded cables now, in favor of S-ATA in the near future.

Comment

hmm well all i can say is you aint doing your ax7 any favours running it with a weak fan...if u can;t stand the deltas you should as a t least a high speed 40cfm panaflow:D

Comment

Here'a Darth's review of it, http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...ew&dId=310 , and that makes two I've seen now. :smokin:

apye that heatsink was meant to be used with HS fans deliverin' high cfm ratings. :(

Comment

lol yea if u don;t plan to sue a high cfm fan better not to get something like an AX7 in the first place

Comment

At the risk of sounding a bit unconcerned, my 1.4ghz Thunderbird Athlon usually shows 60c to 70c in Asus probe (sometimes a little higher), depending on what I'm doing and how warm the room is.

It only has a Volcano 6 (not a 6+) heatsink/fan on it. The system is left on 7x24 and never crashes, ever. We've had brief power outages (where the lights just flicker, but don't really go out) where my monitor shuts off, and the FAX resets itself, but the computer doesn't crash (it does have an Enermax 431w power supply). The motherboard is an Asus A7A266.

Bottom line. AMD chips are speced to operate at up to 95c, so I wouldn't worry for a second about 50c.

Comment

Asus probes are notorious for giving high temp readings 10c+ above real but I've found that Volcano 6's are a little poor for highend T'birds though. 50c or under is quite acceptable for Athlons though and as it isn't crashing due to heat then you should be ok. :smokin:

Comment

yeah.. well anyone have or try the volcano 7+ looks like a deceant fan for its money.. =]

Comment

I've got one and fitted a few others and they are good even on medium speed though make sure that ya get the latest version that clips to all six lugs on the socket. :thumb:

Comment

yea even on asu sprobe i;d be gettign quite concerned getting 70+
                              also xp's are much less tolerant of heat then T-birds
                              my xp200(now deceased) would crash when asus probe read above 60...that's when i had my wbk with no case ventilation in summer lol:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce:

Comment

The thing is that the Asus probe can't even be compared to another due to the varience with them. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X