Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermal material on hsf? Should i take it off....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMM A lot of maps LOL

Comment

You have to admit, Albinus's maps have come in handy.
      Knowledge is power
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Actually, when I was in primary school I wanted to be a cartographer - funny how computers change things :D
        What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus
          Actually, when I was in primary school I wanted to be a cartographer - funny how computers change things :D
          :D I suppose Cartography, not so bad today, with CAD. It was a *****, when I did my Year in college. All pen and ink.........it was days of:hammer: :hammer: , for :eek: :cry: :mad: , to do it all over again.

O'well, that was then, and this is now...............

Comment

Oh my how I do remember those days and havin' to work out the trigonometry that had to go with it. :laugh:
            <center></center>

Comment

Math has never been a problem for me.......:D , but the prof had 400x eyes, and one line defect was a C. I redrafted my final project 3x's, and then took it down to the photo shop and blew it up, and still he circled one spot and marked it w/?. Didn't code it to what type of error and gave me a B. When I asked him about it, he sd he just didn't like that section of the line, no reason....just didn't like it........I decided to take the B and be :D , it was over.

To this day I still think about it, when one of the rugg'rs says, "Dad your so picky!" I typically reply, "Not realy, BELEIVE me........"

Glad I survived.

Comment

Yeah maths was one of my high spots to but the kids now get it easy with bein' allowed calculaters and that now when back in the olds days it was regarded as cheatin'. :smokin:
                <center></center>

Comment

I guess that I'm just Old-School. I don't have a problem with the kids using calculators, but only after they can show that they can solve the problems longhand. At least then I'll know that they understand the principle behind the problem.
                  Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                  My Toys

Comment

yes, knowing the formula is more important than the answer
                    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

HEHEhe......showed one of the kids:?: , my 12 yr old, a slide rule.....she like'd it. Sd she was faster on it, but the school wouldn't let her use it??????? Figure that:?: .

I think being able to apply and manipulate the formulas is the most important. And a solid grounding through Trig. You can get anywhere from there. Ahhhhh... the good old days.

Comment

Working...
                      X