No announcement yet.

Good article on TT's new GF4 Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes actually.. See, i was planning on putting a small copper block in the ceter of the spot on the back of the core, and surround that by frag tape, so i dont short any capacitors. Then, epoxy the copper to the HSF... i cant think of any other way to do it..

Comment

You think using epoxy on the card will hurt it?
      - Damien

Comment

Oh yeah... one reason i am not using it there... it will just be the copper on silicon.. perhaps not the best, but better than nothing.. i MAY use some ASIII if i get brave.. the epoxy is on the copper/HSF bond...

Comment

Thanks for that note on the epoxy. I heard it wasn't the best idea but i didn't think it was too bad. I will use Artic Silver with TT; but what i get from your last post is that even AS is not good?...hmmm o and FRAG TAPE is that stuff that comes with the Kit right?
          - Damien

Comment

The reason i dont want to use anythingis, that over time, i fear that small amounts of the ASIII will make its way into and through the card, via the small holes naturally in the back... there are no wires on the surface, but under there are, and i dont feel like finding out how well insulated they are.. u know? :afro:

So how bout it Darth, can i buy it? :D :D ;)

Comment

right i get you...good point. Hey can't you use the lil sinks that comes with the kit even tho its aluminum. BTW, what does Darth have to say about all this?:)
              - Damien

Comment

Oh, of course you can use the lil sinks. :)
                I dunno.. i may seem ddesperate to get one,but i got a reason.. i live in New Mexico, and i really need better cooling, as my HSF is NOT flat.. lol.. and yeah... be a pal Darth.. llol

Comment

What is FRAG TAPE?...:?:
                  - Damien

Comment

Oh, my bad man!!! It is just the thermal tape that comes wwith them, yes! Sorry!

Comment

No probs bro...just asking...you think that will conduct heat good enough?:?:
                      - Damien

Comment

It will conduct it better than not having ANYTHING there.. :P :) anything will help.. it is just how much that get varied...

Comment

Thats true...thanks for the info bro...you should stick around the forums every once in a while.:thumb:
                          - Damien

Comment

actually, i was panning on it.. unless u gys get rid of me for bugging Darth about his cooler too much.. lol..: party ha

Comment

Its up to Darth not us...but i don't think he is going to sell anything that will help him overclock even more...sOoOoO its really basically up to him...but like he said it should be too long until they release it! :)
                              - Damien

Comment

I know.. its alllll good.. I' like a lil kid in a candy store... i want, i want.. :)

Orrrrrr.. darth... instead of selling urs.. hook us up with 2 more.. say it is for a more "extensive" review.. :).. i got a PNY 4600. that cooler on the card, added with my red CC light... *drool*

Comment

Working...
                                X