No announcement yet.

extra fans??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand that part.....but when toggling between 109 and 104 every night and day............is that safe for hardware? I heard when things go hot and cold hot and cold and constnat temperature changes I fear one morning I'll wake up and instead of seeing my desktop I look at a BSOD.....and I can boot up after rebooting and I find out my proessor die is cracked.........ya I would go out and buy an AthlonXP2100+ YAY YAAAAAAY....but I'm not exactly in the financial position to go out and spend over 200 dollars for that..... (yet)

Comment

I'm a Lab Tech for soils so i use the C to F conversion formula all the time. It work backwards too. It C x 1.8 +32 = F (or to get it to convert to C) F - 32 / 1.8 = C (i.e. 35C x 1.8 + 32 =95 F - 32 / 1.8 = 35 C ) just felt like sharing that... that way you peeps no how to convert ( i know i know...i'm a nerd!) :D
      - Damien

Comment

Thank you I can reallly use that when posting in this forum. Everone wants celcius and I'm growing up using farenheight I"ll never get used to celcius so I can really use this formula

Comment

There are also any number of freeware converters that you can download, or this site that allows you to convert from Farahnheit or Celsius to Reaumur, Kelvin or Rankine.

Concerning your question, though, there won't be any problems. 104F - 109F isn't much of a temperature change, so you won't be stressing out your components.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

no prob...about the formula...i too was used to using F but now a days i use C as well...Hey i am from Florida too ..cool...i'm from Miami!: peace2:
            - Damien

Comment

Originally posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN
              I heard when things go hot and cold hot and cold and constnat temperature changes I fear one morning I'll wake up and instead of seeing my desktop I look at a BSOD.....
              The only time that the hot / cold change can cause damage is if it's very sudden and drastic. Dropping 10F in the space of an hour won't do a thing... Dropping 100F in less than 3 seconds could do some damage... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
                Dropping 100F in less than 3 seconds could do some damage... :)
                That will ruin a window kit:eek:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

that will ruin a lot of things.... glass, some metals... not good at all.. :)

Broke a lot of test tubes at school like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C

That will ruin a window kit:eek:

^^^ That comment is coming from the king of temperature inversions :laugh:

Any windscreens broken recently Charles? ;)
                    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Not lately, thank goodness:eek:
                      The missus pretty much trashed 1 a while back - 13 chips I counted:?: How she did it, I'll never know.

Man, she would have ragged on me for months if I had done that.
                      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
                      X