Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cHeEsY327

no heat? how does it shrink....

I think there is a draw wire in the coldshrink, and when it is pulled it activates chemicals to "shrink" the tubing.

Mmmmmm chemicals
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Another fine example of "Better living through chemistry"!

Anybody who has used this, post a pic.

(breast augmentation is still our favorite chemistry though, followed closely by some of the recent advances in lubricants.)
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by cHeEsY327

no heat? how does it shrink....

shrivel factor:eek: :eek:

Comment

Lmao..ML!..Hey Mr.C's Pic hurts my eyes when i look at it...Nice idea tho about the shrink tubing. I have used to install power to a mirrior display (like in jewelry stores) and used a lighter. Just use a swift action with the lighter and it will come out nice and should look like a wire. Umm about the hair dryer thing there is a difference between a hair dryer and a heat gun. Heat gun is alot hotter than a hair dryer (its for hair not wires) but you can give it a try...its sure is alot safer! :) Anyways Respawn...have fun and hopefully you'll get it done soon show us some pics when you are done. and PE: peace2: ACE!
          - Damien

Comment

Mr C.
            In the picture of your case with the shrink tubing. Have you seperated all wires on the IDE channels ?
            I think you have just wondering, as the tubing is barely 5mm in diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
              Anybody who has used this, post a pic.

No pic, but I do have a link:

[EDIT] Oh crap 3M don't like you linking... anyway go to http://www.mmm.com and search for "Cold Shrink" [/EDIT]
              What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

Actually the IDE cables are nearly invisible in this pic due to rounding and folding. The wiring from the PSU is what you see mostly and CD-ROM sound cable. The Red cable is the ATX power connector which is wrapped with red electrical tape for the last 2/3 of it's length (fortunately I stopped there as it made the cable stiff as ...... and near impossible to bend).

It's still an ugly maze of wires isn't it. With my extra fans, lighting, cigarette lighter and baybus.

All in all very ghetto -- but functional:laugh:

I get my mod materials in unlikely places, but save $'s that way.
                My baybus box is a Martha Stewart pill-box from K Mart for $0.79.
                The lighting is standard 12V marker lamps from an auto supply house 2 ea.totaling about $4.00 (sockets included)
                Some 3M connectors and brackets and a pack of several small rolls of electrical tape for about $6.00.

But with the amount of wiring inside, the rounding of even the smaller cabling helps out a good deal.
                Still, it's a freaking mess.

My budget SUX:thumbs do (but not as bad as my digital camera does):shoot2:
                The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

At least you have one. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Albinus

No pic, but I do have a link:

[EDIT] Oh crap 3M don't like you linking...
                    Then 3M should remove all content they have on the internet:thumbs do
                    This garbage about linking is ridiculous - if the information isn't taken out of context what is the problem?

Comment

I use Shrink Wrap/Tube on my Motirbike and chainsaws for reinforceing fuellines and for protecting electrical cables. You dont have to apply very much heat at all. Just put the shrink wrap over the cables and hold a lighter about 3cm away from it and it will shrink together. I dont think it may shrink enough to hold too many cables together but you can always try.

I HATE FARIES-
                      :kay: :shoot2:

Comment

Working...
                      X