Question about cpu temps running Orthos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about cpu temps running Orthos

My system config is below. I haven't OC'd my system yet. I'm using core temp to monitor my cpu temps. My idle temps run between 35-40C for the 4 cpu's. I quickly hit 58-60c after starting Orthos. Is that to be expected with this 100% stress test? I believe 71c is the max case temp allowed for the q6600.

Any comments on the cooler I'm using? The thermaltake V1?

Re: Question about cpu temps running Orthos

Yeap! And yes 70ish is getting hot

Comment

LINK to specs at Intel)
      I have no first hand experience with your cooler
      E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

What is your ambient room temperature? about 75-82F
        Is your V1 fan at 100% Yes
        What is your vcore set to? CPUID has it varying from 1.15-1.17 at idle
        Have you modded your GTS so the shroud vents exhaust outside the case? No, are there kits for that?
        Which thermal paste did you use? The paste that came with the cooler. I checked their website but couldn't find any info on it. It's a white paste.
        How is your case cooling in general? I love the 900...it comes with 2 fans for drives, 1 huge 200mm fan on top, and 1 fan in the rear. There's room to add a side fan also. It's well built and has ample room for my needs.

The HDD is 29C, GPU is 53C. Does easytune adjust the gpu fan speed? I would like to lower the gpu temp.

Comment

I forgot to answer one of your questions.

you say you are using Orthos, are you running two instances with the affinity set so all four cores are at 100%? No, I believe it's only running 2 but all 4 heat up.

Comment

Last edited by ANZAC_ELITE; 05-12-2008, 12:32 AM. Reason: fixed typo
            E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

NO Easytune cannot change fan speed on your graphics card. It can change the clock speeds, but I suggest to not use it for that. Or for any overclocking either

For your graphics card speed adjustments, if you can change them you could use RivaTuner, or ATITool (Yes it works for nvidia) but most like rivatuner for nvidia based cards >>>
              RivaTuner

Some 8800's you cannot adjust, you will just have to grab it and see.

There is ways to modify your GFX cards BIOS to up the default speeds, but I will leave that up to you to find and do. Google will help you there, but I cannot suggest such a thing incase something goes wrong and you would feel it was maybe my bad idea. but it is out there, google Will get you there

I would suggest since quads are so cheap right now if you like Q6000 buy a new one so you get G0 stepping it runs much cooler, then you could ebay your old one

Comment

Those V1's are next to useless on a quad, ok for most duals though if you arn't pushing to hard.

I'm using Typhoon VX's myself and my Q6600 under full load is 41C with a room temp of 24C.

Comment

Working...
                X