CPU Cooler/Heatsink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Cooler/Heatsink

I'm building a new PC with an Antec NSK1300 SFF case and I'm looking for a CPU cooler/heatsink that I'm confident will fit in it, this cooler will be used on an Intel Q6600 CPU. I have absolutely no intention on overclocking anything in this new PC, my main priority is for this PC to be nearly silent (I'd prefer a completely silent CPU cooler if it can be done :) I've googled a lot about this but I can't find any solid facts on this subject. I found something about the Thermalright SI-128SE which might fit in this case but I can't know for sure. Your thoughts or ideas on this are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: CPU Cooler/Heatsink

Stock cooler works just fine for silence and no overclocking.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

Re: CPU Cooler/Heatsink

I had an SI-128. It worked well for some moderate overclocking - had my E6600 at 3.6 and temps topped out at 57c. That was with an Antec 120mm fan. The new owner runs it without a fan.

Until you mentioned it, I had no idea that there was a SI-128SE. Other that some fin modifications, it looks almost the same.

I swapped it for a U-120E. The idle temps are the same as the SI-128, but the load temps are way lower - 47c max.

The U-120E is designed to be silent cooler with no fans.

There are plenty of good choices out there.

When you do pick a heatsink, you will want to lap the bottom to get the most efficiency out of it as possible. As always, Arctic Silver 5 or Ceramique is the way to go.

Comment

Working...
      X