Freon cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freon cooling

My brother and father have both gotten some experience as of late with AC systems and got me wondering about using a freon based cooler for a computer. Any ideas on the stability and effectiveness on something like this? I'm assuming it'll take up a big space and be just a bit noisy (*understatement*), but just wondering if anyone here had any experience with something along these lines. I'd mostly be doing it just for fun if I did try it out, I'm not really worried about factors (well, except for money, but isn't that all of us?). Thanks.

Re: Freon cooling

If money is your concern, then you may want to hold off unless you create your own. If you want some ideas as to the way to do this, begin your research of phase change cooling. This is a refrigerated air method of cooling that has been out for several years, but is not widespread because of the approx $1000 and up price tag associated with it.

If you do decide to work on your own setup, make sure to do something that will handle the condensation that will occur when you take the processor to well below ambient temperatures.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X