Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspiron 600m

Hey,
    I think I'm having problems with my cooling fan in my Dell Inspiron 600m. Any time I unplug my laptop it will automaticaly shutdown. I also cannot turn it on while unpluged. However, I'm not sure if this is a cooling problem or a battery problem, because I had a message once that windows shutdown because of 'high temperatures' but I also have no battery life at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Inspiron 600m

This does not sound like a cooling problem as leaving it pluged in has no effect on how cool the CPU/GPU runs.

Comment

I know that those don't effect each other, but the error message from Windows informed me that the computer shut down after I unpluged it because it was unexpectedly hot. I'm not sure why though. If it is a battery problem though, what would you suggest doing to fix it?

Comment

*buy a new battery*

seriously, though, maybe the charger is overheating the battery, which in turn affect the other components. this is just a theory, but you could check it out.

Comment

Laptops also need to be periodically cleaned out as they collect dust just like their bigger cousins but it also sounds like your battery has died.

Comment

If you are looking to replace your battery and are any good with a soldering iron. Pull your battery apart, find the part# on the cells and do a search on Ebay. I found a box of 25 cells for ~$50 for my old HP, compared to ~$90 for a 6 cell replacement battery it's well worth the trouble.

Will the laptop run fine while plugged in/no battery??

Comment

Working...
            X