Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many fans do you have?

Well, I promised a few pictures so here they are:

I made the radiator/pump/reservoir housing out of an old case I chopped down. I am using 1/2" ID reinforced tubing. I had to boil it to get it to form the bends for the SLI waterblocks, but it is 100% kink free. The two 120MM fans on the Radiator are 110VAC current along with the pump so it is stand alone, requiring no power from the PC.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Comment

thats a nice setup casecutter.

i have 1 fan in my system (its a laptop so its all i can have in it)

Comment

1 CPU fan, 1 exhaust fan with funky lights, one modded PSU fan, and graphics fan, with the first 3 hooked up to aerogate3, the PC was almost silent untill the nasty big graphics card cand along and spoiled it all.... sob!

Comment

12 total
          2x 80mm stealths for my 6 hdds, 2x 80mm vane style as exhaust(top and rear). 1x50mm over RAM, 3x 120mm stealth under radiator, 1x120 + 1x80 in PSU and arctic cooler ~72mm for GPU. Most are controlled by my fan bus, the loudest thing is my pump, which will be cut down by some dynamat. I also have another centrifugal type which cools my north/south bridge heatpipe setup(A8N32-SLI).
          Last edited by matm347; 02-17-2006, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
            ........ Besides, my board has very few 3 pin connectors for new fans. Oh well, it's a dell.
            You can get a fan controller and run your fans off the 12v molex connectors, they don't need to be attached via 3 pins to the m/board. If you get Zalman fans they come with a Molex splitter, 2 x 5v (quieter, less rpm, less cooling) and 2 x 12v (louder, more rpm, better cooling) so you can select what speed you run the fans at (a very basic method of fan speed control)
            E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by casecutter
              Well, I promised a few pictures so here they are:

I made the radiator/pump/reservoir housing out of an old case I chopped down. I am using 1/2" ID reinforced tubing. I had to boil it to get it to form the bends for the SLI waterblocks, but it is 100% kink free. The two 120MM fans on the Radiator are 110VAC current along with the pump so it is stand alone, requiring no power from the PC.
              Nice work casecutter! Where did you get your fan shroud? From the soldered center divider, it's obviously metal.

I made these out of 2mm Aluminum:

It's just a prefinal mock up, but it shows the overkill factor of the 3" rise!
              Happiness isn't something you experience; it's something you recall.

Comment

How many here, like myself, refuse to power fans off of the mobo headers and use molex instead?

Was just curious, as I'm going to do the dedicated mobo PSU with my SB SUNNU550w and mod my old TT TR2-430w to run Everything except my mobo/GPU.

Comment

Yeah, it is metal. I got it off Ebay, basically took a chance not really knowing if it was gonna work for me. So glad I did, it works perfectly. It is actually decently thick steel and is welded!

What you have started looks promising and just give that rad some space to breathe. Keep working on it, it is a great project! Good luck!
                  GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                  AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                  PC P&C 500W PSU
                  2TB Seagate

Comment

Thanks, it is a fun challenge. Here's the full loop set up for leak testing in front of its' intended new home. The heatercore/shroud unit will sit on the plexi shelf (shown here in brown) which allows for 13/4" free flow on either end to cool the cores tanks as well.

Comment

MGE Sidewinder case<P><P>
                      2 80mm rear out, 1 120mm front intake, one of the 2 side panel 80mm to the back intake, radiator fan water cooling 80mm. controlled by CoolMaster Aerogate 2 or else as loud as a jet! The radiator fan controlled tru the MOBO via SpeedFan.

Comment

wow 10 fans, i have 5 all 80mm not including the psu and the cpu fans
                        when my computer is running it sounds like a jet engine

40 & 20 Gb hard drives

Comment

Well, major update for me. I got an old Aopen server case and decided to install it all in one case.

Works great and my temps are still excellent. Now I just need to finish modding the side panel with a window and I will be done again for now.
                          Last edited by casecutter; 05-22-2006, 10:09 AM.
                          GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
                          AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
                          PC P&C 500W PSU
                          2TB Seagate

Comment

Originally posted by Adionik
                            Horray for a new thread.

I have 5 case fans and 1 for the CPU.

My computer is louder than my refrigerator. I can hear it through my wall.

^________^
                            cant hear mine now
                            Stacker830 Watercooled
                            windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
                            Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
                            8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
                            Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
                            13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
                            (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
                            biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
                            xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
                            sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
                            co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
                            Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
                            Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Comment

Working...
                            X