Processor/Motherboard Temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor/Motherboard Temps

Currently in my bios its saying i have a processor temp of about 50-60C and about 30-40C for the motherboard.

I have a thermaltake case with 4 fans+, and a fan on my battery supp.,

Processor: 2400mhz
    Multiplier: 9.5
    HTT: 253
    Voltage: 1.7v

Re: Processor/Motherboard Temps

Before jumping through hoops, get a real thermal probe and monitor the temperatures.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Well, the case I used is a thermaltake case, and with it came a probe like thingi to put on top of the cpu and under the fan, however im not sure if its installed right or not or even how to properly use this damn case...

Comment

You'll want to secure the flat tip portion of the probe right next to the processor core. NEVER place the probe between the core and the heatsink or you'll not get a solid contact patch between those two components. This allows you to monitor temperatures and still let the heatsink do its job.
        My Toys

Comment

oh dont actually PLACE it on the cpu in any way?

Comment

No... and if you have done this then it would explain the higher than normal temperatures. You need to have a good contact between the processor core and the heatsink, then the thermal interface material (TIM) fills in the spaces and gaps. Just butt the tip of the probe to the core so it can monitor temperatures.
            My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by KhaosWolf
              oh dont actually PLACE it on the cpu in any way?
              Good way of burning up your CPU

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                You'll want to secure the flat tip portion of the probe right next to the processor core.
                How might you go about doing this with a CPU that has a heatspreader? Like the A64's or the newer intel Processors.

Comment

Most thermal probes have a somewhat pliable end on them. You can put a kink in the tip end without damaging the probe and then secure it in place with some small adhesive tape by sticking it to the side of the socket. Even if you don't kink the tip end, you can still wedge the tip into the upper crevice and secure it into place and get reasonably accurate readings.
                  My Toys

Comment

Working...
                  X