KINGWIN Aquastar AS-3000 good for athlon xp 2800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KINGWIN Aquastar AS-3000 good for athlon xp 2800

Would purchasing a 'KINGWIN Aquastar AS-3000I've' work well [for my] AMD Athlon XP 2800+ system? I probably wont be hooking the agp block to my ATI 9500 pro w/ Thermaltake giant 2 since it is already cooled well and silent. I ussually have games or other high CPU load programs running on my computer when on and am wondering if this would be a good buy at ~$100.

edit: clarity
    Last edited by GBRRICCI; 10-06-2005, 07:41 PM.

Re: KINGWIN Aquastar AS-3000 good for athlon xp 2800

this is a whole pc for $130? i dont understand the facts of the question much. if its a whole pc for $130 id get it

Comment

He is asking about a water cooling system for his computer.
      CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
      Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
      RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
      GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
      PSU: Thermaltake 500w
      SC: Audigy 2 zs
      LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
      Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
      Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Can't say I'd spend that much money on an Athlon XP system. Unless you need it to be completely silent, watercooling is just plain overkill.

Comment

I'm lazy... got a link to the specs?
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Heh it was just for the watercooling system whether i should get that or not.

so would a bigger heatsink with a quiet fan be better? i'd like it to be quiet atleast heh and be able to handle full load temps

as for specs ehm:
            cpu: athlon xp 2800+ (currently using a thermalright.......one of them heh not a recent one but copper and i have a 80mm thermaltake smart case fan on it)
            mobo: gigabyte 7vaxp ultra
            mem: 512mb corsair xms pc3200
            gfx: ati 9500pro w/ thermaltake giant 2 heatsink (no fan)
            hdd: hitachi something 250gb sata
            sound: creative audigy/ logitech ....somethings 5.1, not thx

wireless network

and crap like that

Comment

Sorry I wasn't clear... I was looking for the specs of this water cooler you were interested in.
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

ah i looked at pimprig for their review of it: http://reviews.pimprig.com/cooling/k...ooling_kit.php

Comment

For what you have I'd go with a silent HSF combo or even a fanless setup. Check around this forum and others (can I name them here?) for good advise and or reviews.

As for the system you are looking at it has one drawback that I can see (and I'm speaking from experience with similar model from CoolerMaster). It has the radiator fan mounted in the front of your case. Two problems there:1) that fan may be louder than you want. 2) the heat from your radiator will be exhausted into your case thereby raising temps for everything else.

On the positive side, they are easy to install and on the lowest fan setting mine is very quiet and keeps my P4 Northwood 3Gig processor at about 39C while runing SETI@home.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Oh yeah heh, it wouldn't be to hard for me to duct the heat from the radiator fans out of the case either through the top where i already have a blowhole or out the side. Anyways though i ussually purchase products from newegg.com (since i forgot all the other ones i used to purchase from heh) but my motherboard can only support a socket A heatsink with the clip, there are no holes around the socket for bigger heatsinks.

one heatsink fan combo i also looked at on newegg was a Swiftech MCX462-V Heatsink: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835108020

and a Evercool SFF-9 92mm Ever Lubricate bearing type: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835119034

and also since my case isn't as nice as my old thermaltake (wanted smaller case with handle) it doesn't have as good of air flow so on the plexi-side pannel around where the cpu/gfx card are located i'll be mounting a 120mm fan to help cool it (a queit 120mm*)

[EDIT: the price for the kingwin water cooling product has a $20 off deal with it so it is around $100]
                    Last edited by GBRRICCI; 10-06-2005, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X