Water cooling for high-end PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water cooling for high-end PC

I have recently built a computer, and it running a little too hot for my tastes.

I currently have the following:

AMD FX-55 939 pin
    GeForce 6800 Ultra
    480 Watt PSU
    Thermaltake Case Xaser V Wingo
    SB Audigy 2 ZS platinum
    2Gb Memory
    250GB & 80gb HD
    CD-RW
    DVD-RW

Basically, most of the stuff for the water cooler needs to be outside of the case, since there is more in it than i have listed. I just want teh best...something that for all the components will be less than $500. Thanks in advance...if there is more info needed let me know.

Re: Water cooling for high-end PC

Go to www.computerstop.com and grab the Coolermaster Aquagate for $119.00 which is about $80 less than what you will see on pricegrabber. It works great! I put one in about a month ago and knocked a ton of points off my temps. I run a 3.4 Prescott and it now runs in the high 30's to low 40's depending on the application. That is in silent mode. If I jack up the fan to the highest setting and let it idle for an hour it will come down to the low 30's or high 20's. It is running a little hotter since I added a Koolance VID-NV1-L06 GPU waterblock to my Nvidia 6800GT. I wished I got the waterbloc k for my northbridge too, but I already put an after market NB cooler with a fan on it so I stuck with that. Now if anyone makes waterblocks for RAM chips, let me know.....

Comment

Re: Water cooling for high-end PC

I wouldn't go with an all-in-one box type kit for a power rig like you have. If you check out my sig you'll see I have a similar setup; different but very high-end components like yours. Take note of the water cooling I have in place as this is the least I would consider. Go with the Rev2 kit if you can find it as the pump is better and has a higher flow rating. Alternatively you can head over to www.dangerden.com and create your own customized water cooling system that use quality components like the Swiftech kit.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Working...
      X