Help My Comp Temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help My Comp Temps

Hi can any one help my pc runs in windows at a temp of cpu 46-47c and case 28-30 when running pc games it can be cpu 50-56c and case 30c. and thats with my side case of. It used to be windows cpu 40-42c and case 28-30 c and with games running cpu 45-47 and case 28c. I have a fan at the front of my pc and a exhaust fan in my power supply and another fan on the back of my pc but its not an exhaust one though. Would this be the problem. I have a

amd athlon xp2400+ (2gig)
    512mb ram
    ati radeon 9600pro 128mb wich has a small fan on it
    windows xp home with service pack 2 installed
    avg antivirus, mcfee firewall and adware remover.
    phillips sound card with sondagent 2
    up to date directx and all possible drivers

I disable firewall and antivirus when i play games. can any one help with any ideas please

paul aka messiah

Re: Help My Comp Temps

All fans at the back should be exhaust to take the heat away from the CPU, you may want to but one or two quiet fans for the front if you have the option for front fans.

Also is that the stock cooler on the CPU? If it is you may want to buy a new HSF, and use some Artic Silver 5 when you install it.

Before you go and buy fans for the front though make sure there are little to no obstructions in the front where the fans would go.

Comment

many thanks lover2004. yes its a stock cpu cooler fan. i have already had a fan put in the front. i presume no obstructions mean nothing in front of the direction the fan is blowing the air in which case it hasent.

Comment

Originally posted by MESSIAH32
        ...i presume no obstructions mean nothing in front of the direction the fan is blowing the air in which case it hasent.
        Yes, if you are using a IDE drive I sugest you go to this thread and see what it has to offer, lowered my temps quite a bit by increasing airflow.

Comment

cheers amdlover2004

Comment

Working...
          X