Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to check if this water cooler is Darthtanion approved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to check if this water cooler is Darthtanion approved.

Hey I know there was just a post about this all in one water cooler, but I could barely read it so I'm looking for a clear answer from a expert. Its a Kingwin AWC-1. It's 100 bucks, and is a all in one kit with cpu and vga block in one. Heres the link http://kingwin.com/pdut_detail.asp?L...teID=31&ID=187. I have to say I'm alittle skeptical of its design and how great it sounds. Although the waterblocks they supply look very nice, with copper bases. The site they included that reviewed it seems like they are ass kissing alittle because they are just so damn happy to finally get a product from a company. They ran tests and it appeared to run the system 6 to 10 degrees cooler then a high preformance fan. So long story short, i need this to get approved by darthtanion or someone or equal expertise. Sorry if this has been posted before or not, I went through last 15 pages and scanned to check if anything about this water cooler was posted. Thanks for your time.

-c0ntra

P.S. If i do get this, im gunna replace the standard fan that comes on its radiator with a Thermaltake Silent Cat 90mm fan. It comes with a bracket adapter so you can connect to a 80mm fan slot. Thing that freaked me out is that it runs at 21 dba and produces freaking 52.24CFM of airflow. Just wanted the general public to know.
    Last edited by c0ntra; 09-05-2004, 03:53 AM.

Re: Need to check if this water cooler is Darthtanion approved.

It maybe ok on a stock system but with a very limited amount of fluid and 1/4" tubing it will likely be found wanting when that system is overclocked.

Comment

wayout44 pretty much summed it up. I've tested water coolers similir to this model and they generally give results in the neighborhood of a good air cooler (not really better) when running the system... AT STOCK SPEEDS. Since they have such a small amount of waterflow, they begin struggling when you start your overclocking practices. The system fan they add looks to also double as a radiator, and while this will help by giving more overall water quantity, you'll still find yourself lacking mainly due to the small (ie inadequate) submersible water pump that is used.

Remember that when it comes to water cooling, you get what you pay for.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

Thanks for the response. So if this is not a good system for overclocking what water cooling system would you recommend? I'm Looking for a system with a CPU and VGA block but that is easy to install (if thats possible). Any tips are appreciated.

-c0ntra

Comment

If you are seriously considering water cooling and you have overclocking in mind, then go ahead and get a full-blown water cooling setup. I recently reviewed one from Swiftech and there are also some customizable "kits" from Danger Den. While they don't offer the snap in setup that some of these others do, they provide a level of cooling that is far superior to air cooling and also are very quiet.
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
            The system fan they add looks to also double as a radiator
            Dont know if this will change anything but the system fan is a second radiator, with the main one being inside the box thing. The people that reviewed it says it helps with the heat dissipation and helps the case temperature because the fan is blowing out "cool" air. Kinda a neat idea. Again, thanks for the tips Darth and wayout.

-c0ntra

Comment

Working...
            X