Fan direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan direction

In a watercooling setup, if the radiator is placed on the side panel (by screws) with meshes all around so airflow is not restricted that much, is it better for the fans to be placed so that they will blow air inside out, or suck air from the outside of the case to cool the radiator.
    I have asked this because lately I've been dreaming of an Antec Aria case with watercooling setup. I was thinking that radiators can be screwed to the side panel of the case and the fans mounted inside the side panel, blowing the air out.
    btw, how big is a hydor pump, how can it be fitted into the case, if you know which case I'm talking about.
    If this is a stupid idea and there is no way that it can be pulled off, say it so that I'll give it up.

Re: Fan direction

It shouldn't matter much of the fan is inside or outside as long as the airflow is moving through the radiator itself to help cool the water. I've seen it run both ways and they both seem to be effective. I haven't done a comparison to see which would work better, but it does work either way.

I haven't messed with that brand of pump so I don't know about the size or mounting requirements.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X