Thermal Integration PIV CPU COOLER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal Integration PIV CPU COOLER

:?: :?: Hey everybody, I have a question about a CPU cooler I just picked up. The company is called Thermal Integration, and it states on the box that it is for 1.3 to 2.4GHz PIV's. What I want to know is do you guys think there will be any prob using this on my PIV 2.5GHz chip?? Im not gonna be able to take my comp apart tonight, so I just am throwin this question out in the open to see if anybody knows bout this company and if I'll have any probs. Thx for any info!

EDIT-
    Oh yah guys, im new to the forum, so yah know?? As well, I got a pic of it... Is 28.5dba loud for a cooler?? (just want kinda a baseline). Heres PIC:

The cooler probably won't cause any damage to the processor, but you'll want to go ahead and monitor temperatures to make certain. As for the noise level, anything under 30 dBA is pretty quiet comparatively to power coolers available.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

It's possible that the stock Intel HSF may work better.

Comment

Well, I found an actual test between the stock cooler, this cooler, and a volcano cooler and some other one. This cooler came in SECOND place, and was like the quietest. The other cooler that came in first was twice the money and really loud. Thx for your info guys. Mods can delete this if they want... (now my comp will run even cooler cause ill take the old cooler fan off and use it as a case fan ;)

Comment

Why don't you post the link to that test so that some of us may know exactly the HSF that you're talking about?

Comment

umm sure here it is

(this one is just the copper version, aluminum version, and stock PIV cooler)
            and this one

My model #TI-R8639L

Comment

Working...
            X