Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap water cooler

Hey guys,

As the summer months are coming the warmth has brought with it overheating of my cpu. I was looking around for water cooling kits and i stumbled upon this cheap quick number. What do you guys think about it?

Bottom line... it will suck. There isn't nearly enough fluid throughout the system to keep water temperatures at a reasonable level and the very low 32L/Hr flow rate of the small inbred pump will likely garner you worse temperatures than when using even a mediocre air cooler.

When it comes to cooling with water, cheap isn't the way to go; sorry. There are just too many variables to consider where water cooling is concerned and these principles need to be satisfied to have an effective cooling system. Sufficient amounts of fluid, a workable means of cooling that fluid when it circulates, a quality water block, and a pump that has good flow ratings are all essential.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

my cooling is the cool air going into my computer and blowing out D:

Comment

yeah i guess thats to be expected. the noise level on my volcano 7+ is just acceptable at the medium level i really dont want to have it squealing on high all summer, oh wellll

Comment

Working...
        X