High temp at cold boot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High temp at cold boot?

When i first turn on my machine, (cold boot) and go directly to bios, my processor temp is at 58 c. My MB temp reads about 35 c
    My room temperature is on average, less than 29 c.

I think this seems a little high, considering minimal load required for the bios. This prompted me to buy a new cpu fan, of which has shown little, or no improvement over the stock intel HS and HSF.

Should I trust these temp readings?
    Could the cpu temp sensor be faulty?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

OS-Win XP pro
    MSI 865PE Neo2-LS
    Pentium 4 2.40C GHz
    1 gig Patriot 3200 DDR Ram
    GForce 4200 Ti AGP
    Aluminum case w/ 450W ps
    case fans=
    One Inlet- frnt
    Two exhaust- (1) side rear, (1) rear
    Processor cooling = CNPS7000A

thats a high room temp and is probably the cause of the high temps.
    my room temp is currently 22C, which is warm for my computer room and my CPU is at 42C. 20C over room temp. mine is AMD while yours is Intel, this may make a difference.

yours is approx 30C over room temp so your cooling may not be that good.
    is the system overclocked? is it stable?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The system is stable, and nothing is overclocked.

I used that temperature because when I get home from work, the room is often warm. It soon lowers to around 21 c, with the system temp following respectively.

Having installed the CNPS7000A last night , currently at idle state, the cpu temp is 51c with the ambient room temp 21c.

My MB reads 33c, and 56c at the power supply, still seems kinda high. :(

Comment

Good case airflow is crucial to cooling as much as a decent HSF. First off, try reversing the side fan to act as an intake. If you still don't get noticeable improvements, remove the side cover. If your system temps drop by 5C or more, you need to work on getting better airflow moving through the case.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

The case came with two fans.

one rear exaust
          one side intake

At post, I listed the side intake as a side secondary exaust, but up until yesterday ( and as you now suggest it return to be ) it had always been an intake.
          I reversed its flow yesterday, to see if it would help, a last ditch effort before purchasing the CNPS7000A.

While its direction seemed to make little difference, the removal of the side panel does,in lowering the cpu temp a few degrees.
          When gaming, I'll typically fire up my "auxillary unit", to keep the heat in check, late evenings get a bit chilly however, as illustrated here,

and why I've sought some help.

Comment

In order to best render heat, is there an optimal amount of air circulation, to be had and tweaked for, that is neither too much, nor too little inside each case?
            Or is the general consensus one that simply suggests, its a ***** to light a match in a wind tunnel?

Comment

Working...
            X