Cooling in my Xaser III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling in my Xaser III

Well i have a Xaser III case, 11 fans(driving me nuts if not for fan controls,) Asus p4c800-e deluxe mobo, p4 3.2 @ 3.51, radeon 9800xt,40 gb maxtor hd,tt silent purepower PS(480wt.) Idle temps in case arent bad, they readd 35C. But under load it creeps on up to 46-48C, I have two fans exaust in back, 2 side intake, 2 front intake, 1 exaust at the top, MCX478-V heatsink, and a vantec fan on it so its active cooling now. 2 fans on the PS. I just really wanna know what makes the temps creep so much higher under load. Poor airflow? Id really hate to take off the filters because i hate cleaning the inside. I already have round cables. all i havent done is dremel the back. That shouldnt make a difference since its exaust tho would it?

I got a Xaser III case too, mate. I've got another thread in this forum, so my problem is still active, but I was regularly running at 50C at idle and 57 at peak performance. I took all the filters out (I know, I know, just use some compressed air and blow the case out once a week or whatever), and flipped every fan around so it was sucking air out. The two side fans were blowing on my sound card, video card, LAN card, etc., but since it didn't seem to be really helping, I flipped those around, too. The two front fans (open the door, unscrew the screw on the right, and it's hooked on the left) are harder to get out and flip around, but not a problem. Right now I'm idling at 46 and peak at about 50 or 52.

BTW, are you using the TT fans that came with the case? If so, how much does the fan bus control the RPM for you? The reason I ask is I think the guy who did it for me did it wrong, and I was hoping for someone else to tell me how theres is wired - my fans don't seem to work with the fan bus.

Comment

SAY WHAT? Lol no clue what rpms they are at but its that loud. They are the stock fans. Od imagine whatever the max rpms for them is. The controller works fine tho. I dont think that turning them around will really help.ive considered 1 exhaust one intake w/ all of the dual fans. Seems like it might work. Mine just seems like a lack of airflow when under stress and plenty when not. Like it just cant flow fast enough because 35-48 is a rather wide range.

Comment

Your front and side mounted fans should be set up for intake. Your rear and top fans should be set up as exhaust. With the PSU added into the mix, this should give you a slightly overpressurized enclosure, which is a good thing as it will help keep excessive amounts of dirt and dust from seeping into the cracks of the case. If temps are still too high, measure the ambient temperature in the room. A system moving air will only do as well as the air it has to work with. Also making you have a quality HSF for the processor will help out as well. This is the setup I have used when testing all of the Thermaltake line of enclosures and I don't get temperatures over about 40C under load on an overclocked 2500+ Barton.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X