help with cooling for my new comp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with cooling for my new comp...

i recently put together my first comp and need some help with cooling..
    its a p4 2.8 running with the stock heatsink/fan and no thermal paste
    the case came with 1 fan in the side blowing IN...
    anyone have any ideas on what fan to put where..

the case has two 80mm fan spaces at the back and it doenst look like u can put any in the front..

i dont know my room temp exactly but my guess is its nothing out of the ordinary..
    currently the cpu runs at 45c and gets to about 60 under load..
    is this good/bad?

its normal....what kind of case do you have?

id put at least one in the back(exhaust) in addiditon to your side intake...if not two....check your case though...odds are youll have some place to mount a fan in the front...if not...make one......also get out some cutters and trim the fan guards...they block alotta air.....

new HSF...zalman, thermalright, thermaltake,vantec, all the big names have good sinks for about $20-$30, and be sure to use artic silver 5 with it.....

Comment

thanks,

i got no idea what case i have, dont think its one of those brand name ones, can supply photo if needed.

i just thought those temps would be a bit hot, my mate said his p4 runs at 24c idle

and your right, it has mounting brackets for fans in the front, but i don't understand where it would get air from, there is a solid plastic case right infront of it (no vents)

thx again

Comment

24 for a p-4?!!? hes smokin crack...that has to be his board temp.....no way a p-4 runs that unless hes got some major heavy duty stuff goin on (chilled water cooling).....

if theres even a slight gap between the panel, and the actual case....itll get air...dont worry.....

Comment

ahhh ok... so the point isn't for them to get new air from Outside the case and the exhausts at the back to blow it out????

excuse the ignorance

Comment

if you mean it is, then yes, in front, out back.....

that fan on the side is ok as an intake....but if you wanna go a step further, you cand mod it so you have a top exhaust fan as well....since heat rises, it eliminates hot air sitting in your case....but again thats just if your feeling ambitious.....

Comment

cut the front bezel to allow air to flow through.
              fit 1 fan in the front as intake
              1 on the side as intake
              1 on the back as exaust
              1 on top as exaust
              try to have slightly more air in than out

Comment

Working...
              X