In Need of Cooling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Need of Cooling...

Ok, so the spring has arrived, and with it, Im hitting really crappy cpu temps. Im even running my 2500 stock, and its reaching just below 60 C while playing games, so I need better cooling than the crap that came with it. So what I am asking is for some suggestions on BEST POSSIBLE air cooling(heatsink and fan) for under 100$. I dont care about loudness, I just care about how well it cools, and Im also going to need some thermal paste, since I dont have any. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

$100us!?!?! wow thats alot to spend on cooling!!! good HSF will run ya under $20.00....something like the Thermaltake volcano 7+ you can find dirt cheap anymore.....but they do the job!!! i got mine on ebay last year and guy even sent me a small tube of AS5 for free....cost me like $24.00 total.....

get that and a couple vantec stealth fans, or some fancy LED ones :roll: for your case, and youll be set....

Comment

Ok, how bout some links to places with cheap prices??? Also, how much do the Thermalright SP-97's cost now?? What if I was to do one of those with a Tornado and some AS5??

Comment

check out www.frozencpu.com or www.xpcgear.com even check www.newegg.com

frozencpu has your TR for just under $50.00....thats a hardcore piece of copper.... :shock:

Comment

tehehe...100us...i think thermalright heat sinks are good. Volcano do the job, but i would go with the thermalright. :)
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Working...
          X