Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9800 Pro cooling system question

Hey guys,

I love the forums and I finally signed up after all my internet problems!!!:afro: Here is my questions for you experts

I have a ATI 9800 Pro 128 MB and I want to add cooling stuff to it. I have a 500 watt power supply and im curious if this is good for it

It is my favorite one. Thanks for the help and Ill be around the forums!!!

Harrison

Yes it will work and No you won't have problems with your PSU bogging down... BUT

Make double sure you have enough headroom between the top of your video board and the side panel of your case. It shouldn't be an issue with most popular enclosures, but if you have a smaller model you could run into problems with the fan sitting too high for the side to be installed again.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Thanks for the response!

that is my case only mine is black. Will that be good? thanks

Harrison

Comment

Deathchild1 i've been looking into getting one of those for my card but i haven't found a place where i can actually buy one, have you?

Comment

Originally posted by madmike
          Deathchild1 i've been looking into getting one of those for my card but i haven't found a place where i can actually buy one, have you?
          that kinda depends where you're from ;)

Comment

my god that thing is huge!!!!! :shock:

Comment

That would be a situation when you would find an online store located in your country :wink:

Comment

Have ya's looked at Thermaltake's Where to buy page? :?:

Comment

oh sorry havent looked at this thread in a while. Back when i wrote that newegg didnt sell it, and at the where can i buy page i couldnt find anyone. But since then i have purchased it from newegg and installed it. Finally got rid of the damn PNY stock cooler that kept falling off :evil:

But anyways yeah the thing works great, im playing games at OC levels that my card used to lock up on and i havent hit temps above 48C. It took a while to put together (worst part is figuring out how the hell to put on the main fan, THERES NO SCREW HOLES!) But other than that there were no problems. It fit perfectly, and to my surprise it is actually not as big as it appears in the pictures. One question though, i know that it is doing a good job cooling but for some reason it idles at a higher temp than my CPU. Is that odd?

Comment

Originally posted by madmike
                    . One question though, i know that it is doing a good job cooling but for some reason it idles at a higher temp than my CPU. Is that odd?
                    Modern GPU's tend to run hotter than CPU's.

Comment

oh ok thanks wiggo, it was just surprising considering how much more of a sophisticated piece of equipment my gpu is using for cooling. Either way if you got the money, i reccomend this cooler.

Comment

How loud is it in your personal exp?

Comment

with the blower on its pretty loud, about as loud as my volcano 7+ at full speed. With it not on its not very loud at all. The main fan is pretty quiet even at full speed but can be adjusted to whatever speed is necessary.

...But then again, my computer would probably win in a loudest computer ever contest, ive got it OC'd so high i dont dare run the fans at anything but max. Thank god for headphones :laugh:

Comment

That "blower" doesnt even move 4CFM, according to thermaltake. You should probably just take it off, 41.6dB for 4CFM is a horrbile trade; your case fans should be able to make up for that blower easily. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

haha yeah i know Mista K6... but im trying to not feel like i wasted my money by getting this one and not the giant II : party ha

Comment

Working...
                              X