Tt SilentTower Heatpipe Cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tt SilentTower Heatpipe Cooler

Has anyone heard anything about this Tt SilentTower Heatpipe Cooler ???

Looks "cool" but I'm not sure about it. What do you guys think ?

Edit: Actually, it reminds me of the BTX cooling module.
    SPAM Special Ops

Looks big, wonder if it will pull out the cpu socket and then fall and smash your graphics card into little pieces. :D

Comment

[This] short review has linked to on the front page. It does look highly unusual though

*it's really just a detailed description, no benchmarks on how well it cools

Comment

I wouldnt put that on my rig...:rolleyes:

Comment

Here's something to consider. While that CPU cooler is in that orientation (aka desktop case) it should work quite well but as Dan from Dan's Data has found with similar products once they're orientated on their side (aka tower case) their performance drops due to the fact that the heatpipes won't have gravity nor hot and cold's normal movement (hot upwards, cold downwards) to assist them (if it doesn't have a wick in those heatpipes to assist the refrigerant then the prob is made worse).

Comment

That and the fact that not only is it heavy (640g) but its also tall. That high center of gravity will put a tremendous amount of stress on the mobo once its on its side in the tower position. I wouldnt be surprised if it could do alot of damaged if not moved very delicately. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Good point about the height and weight issues.
              SPAM Special Ops

Comment

i read a review on a similar looking cpu cooler:

Aerocool HT-101 HSF, AMD, ATI, All-In-Wonder, AOPEN, ABIT, ASUS, DFI, Babe Thread, Forums, Intel, Antec, Lanboy, Sonata, Purepower, PSU, nVidia, MSI, Shuttle, FIC, Radeon, google, Jokes, GeForce, FX, Small Form Factor, Cooling, Water Cooling, Swiftech, Vantec, Corsair, Antec, Enermax, Thermaltake, Cases, Coolermaster, Aluminum

looks like it does pretty good with the right fans

Comment

Working...
                X