No announcement yet.

Stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ya have the clip the right way then and yes the 7+ does have 2 monitoring wires so there's nothin' wrong with that but was there any scoring or dents in the surface of its base plus does the temp go up or down when ya set the speed to medium? :?:

Comment

When I got the v7+ the surface was a little rough that is why I lapped it. I ordered the kit from frozen cpu to do the lapping. When I get a chance I will pull it off and take a pic for you. Was smooth and no ridges when I finished. Also the temp goes up by 2-5 degrees when it is on medium at full load and about 1-3 degrees idle. Tried it on low 1 time and when I starting playing halo mb starting beeping warning of excess temps. Also have a v7+ on my 2000 oc'd to 1.95ghz and it runs at 34 idle and 39 full load. I am starting to think that the readings are just off badly or something that is one of the reasons I am getting rid of the board but would still like to know if this is true or not.
      I have always had good luck with thermaltake products and gigabyte up till now.
      :?:

Comment

Maybe ya should get a CompuNurse (or similar product) and place the diode against the side of the core to see what temp that reads though I'd say that the Gigabyte temp readin' is out.

Comment

I have basically the same set up you have and the temps were about the same. I just put an ANTEX Truepower 430 psu in my box and my temps did a pretty good drop.

Now running 43 idle and 48-50 load with 2500+ oc'd to 3200. Was running 46 idle and 52 load before putting it in.

Plus the added benefit of a super quite system now.

heatsink is the thermaltake silent boost. Now my hard disk is the loudest thing on the system. I used Artic Silver 5 on mine, but it is still in the 200 hour break in, so not sure how low the temps will eventually go.

Comment

Working...
          X