is this cool or what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this cool or what

Hey just got on the net with my system what am i running you ask well ill tell you

lian li pc-60 black
    amd 1800+ @ 2000+
    swifttech mcx462 hs
    epox 8kta3a -e
    geforce fx 5200 128Mb
    20gb 7krpm
    sb live 5.1
    256Mb of kingmax pc150
    cd burner i know i need a dvdrom

well theres my specs what i really posted for was my temps the last couple of days have been over 35oC and while playing need for speed underground @ 1024x768x32@75hz my cpu got up too 48oC and my mobo got too 38oC and my case got too 21oC ive only seen my families computers and don't really know whats a good temp so is this good or am i ganna need water cooling lol don't really need water cooling seeing as though its stable anyway replie if you want:blah:

Don't start worryin' until ya go over 50C.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
      I have a problem.
      I've my CPU running at 58c plus and then wiggs out at around 61C. I have 3 case fans, and 2 in PSU but system still keeps going over the top. Normal running temps are about 44C for CPU and 32C for system but as soon as I put any load on it.

I have mid tower aluminium case. MSI Board with XP 3000+ (Barton) with AMD fan and cooler and GeforceFX TI4600, Cosair PC2700 512MB x 2.

I want to replace the PSU, VGA, and system fans for something more quite and more efficient.

Suggestions Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
        you're kidding me. CPU kill temps are around 90C, arent they?

Comment

my laptop idles at 45 and around 68 during gaming. Everyone finds this OK.... I have a 3.06P4-M. Maybe the M has something to do with things, or maybe not?

Comment

Most auto-shutoffs are around 70C, dont know exact ones though. 90C would completely fry the chip, hence auto-shutdown at 70's, hence under 50 is a good temp to stay at. Maybe you're thinking of GPU's, they tend to run hotter.

The M at the end just means its a mobile P4, if anything that means it should run a tad cooler. As long as your not experiencing any problems, those temps are fine. Manufacturers use cooling that is sufficient for the lap top, there is never a danger of a laptop overheating as long as it gets fresh air and is not tampered with.

: peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Originally posted by Viper51
              I have a problem.
              I've my CPU running at 58c plus and then wiggs out at around 61C. I have 3 case fans, and 2 in PSU but system still keeps going over the top. Normal running temps are about 44C for CPU and 32C for system but as soon as I put any load on it.

I have mid tower aluminium case. MSI Board with XP 3000+ (Barton) with AMD fan and cooler and GeforceFX TI4600, Cosair PC2700 512MB x 2.

I want to replace the PSU, VGA, and system fans for something more quite and more efficient.

Suggestions Please.

replace that factory heatsink/fan first!!! : peace:

Comment

The sudden jump in temps for when your CPU is under load is indeed because of the standard AMD heatsink, you'll have to get a better one and some Artic Silver 5 and that will keep it cool. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Working...
                X