No announcement yet.

My case doesn't like my XP...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i also mounted my psu externaly (on top of case) to give it some breathing room, and a huge ass heatsink and fan for the proccesor.

Comment

Beefy, I use an AOpen H600A case, and the cooling is so good in it, that apart from winning two design awards :D, my CPU load temps are higher with the side off than with it on! If you want to check it out.....

What came first - Insanity or Society?

Comment

The H600A is really, really good...but I can't aford one, so my next case is going to be a Aopen HX45a...it's a modders dream :thumb:

Comment

Hmm, I have an Idea. On the front of my case I have an 8cm fan just like you, however I have room for another fan or possibly a larger fan but no holes to accomodate. If I drill a few small holes from inside out I can make room to add another fan or replace the existing one with a larger one. the holes cannot be seen from outside because of the front bezel. That would take care of the intake cooler air. I dont know about the rear of your case but mine has little room. However if you draw a percise pattern and drill holes from the outside inward you would have an outlet. you might be able to add another smaller fan or something. In theory, because you are now forcing more air into the case the pressure inside the case is greater and by just making more holes in the back you should be able to force more hot air out even without adding another rear fan. Just a thought and since it is not me with the problem it is an idea I will easily share. Let me warn you though, my ideas arent always the best and never work the first time around. good luck.

Comment

bah!

My Athlon 1800XP at home has a stock HSF and on a warm day runs at 62....
            But it is still stable and reliable...

One day I will get around to doing somthing about it...

But it doesn't really matter

Comment

Working...
            X