Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu HSF

Hi,

Is anyone using a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu HSF by any chance?

My Antec LanBoy (not the Super LanBoy) has poor ventilation due to the large video card PCB, and a 1 inch gap between the 2 hard drives I have.

I like to know how well this Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu cools because the Intel fan noise on my P4 3.0C ghz is driving me nuts. I have read a lot of reviews about this product but unsure if the temperature will ever reach 60 degrees celcius in silent mode in a poor ventilated case.

I even bought a Fan Mate 1 adjusting the Intel fan to 2500 RPM, but as soon as I play games it would reach 60 degrees. I know this, because set an alarm on the BIOS as soon as it reaches 60.

Thanks.

I won't be overclocking my system, and I've already applied Artic Silver 5 on the CPU.

Comment

Well, that Zalman heatsink might help a little more, but the stock Intel Heatsink isnt that bad in the first place. The main problem, as you said, is that there's no air flow getting to there. You can have the best heatsink in the world, if there's no cool air getting to the heatsink, its crippled severely. Your best bet would be to put in a 92mm fan on the side panel so that it blow cool air right over the HSF. I would try the fan first and see how much that helps. A good fan is only about $10, that Zalman HSF is close to $35 :shrug: . Get a bi-metal (3.5") hole saw and attach it a drill. Tape over the area where you'll put the hole so you dont scratch the case. Then just drill right through, one clean hole. Drill the holes for the screws, and you're in business. I think that should drastically reduce your temps, as 60C is insanely high, unless the heatsink is mounted wrong (sounds like you know what you're doing tho). Hoped that helped, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

I'm using the CPNS7000A Cu HSF's on both my systems & I'm very impressed with them - although there are more effective coolers available, they are quiet & they do cool pretty good & don't cost a rediculous amount of money. However like Mista K6 said you may need to introduce some cool air into your system if your having heat problems.

One thing to be aware of regarding the CPNS7000a Cu - they're very heavy & in the P4 config. they use the plastic mounting bracket on the motherboard & if you move your PC around a lot I would be concerned about the retention bracket breaking.....for AMD CPU's they mount directly to the motherboard - it's too bad they didn't go that route for P4's as well

:thumb:

Comment

Yeah, I had to put the case on the floor to allow better cooling. And I bought tbe Aluminium Copper version of the HSF, which also cools fairly well.

Comment

I am using the older version of this at the moment, the CNPS6000 - it cools my XP2800 in silent mode no problem although thats with 2 case fans (on at the front intake and one right next to CPU exhaust) and the 120mm fan from my PSU drawing hot air out of the case and out the back right next to the CPU. And you have to go within about 1-2 inches of it to hear ANYTHING in silent mode. It sais on the zalman site that the newer one you are talking about the CNPS7000 can cool up to a p4 3.06GHz in silent mode.

Comment

Working...
            X