epoxy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epoxy..

Ok, so i have 5 heatsinks lying around.. I'm going to cut one of them up for Ram sinks on my ATI Radeon 9600 PRO, because i am 4 MHz away to XT speeds. And i have epoxy.. But i don't think it's "thermal" epoxy.. If I used that to glue the ram sinks on the ram.. Would it work? Cause i don't want to permantly glue something to my ram on my vid card, if it does nothing.

That epoxy would more likely act as an insulator between the chips and heatsinks thus cause a buildup of heat. I recommend that ya use Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive, I don't recommend the use of Arctic Silver Thermal Adhesive for the simple reason that its electrically conductive and to many ppl have screwed their cards up by gettin' it in the wrong places.

Comment

Cause I used this epoxy on a RADEON 7000, that i changed the color of the PCB. And I took off the heatsink to see the core.. And used epoxy.. It seemed like it kinda transferred heat. what kind of local stores sells that other one though?

Comment

Exactly, dont want to bridge those memory leads. I have used Artic Alumina Thermal Epoxy and can say its great stuff. Just be sure to have everything thing set up before you mix it because it starts to harden after about 5 minutes. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

R7000's don't produce much heat but R9600P's are a different story.

Comment

Well when you Run Unreal Tournament 2003 on it.. It rips in the heat fast.. I did a comparison.. I ran it without a heatsink. and compared on how fast the heat came.. Then i ran it with the heatsink.. and the heat didn't come as fast.. maybe like 2 seconds later..

Comment

There's an old sayin' that goes like this, "If ya goin' to do something then do it right the 1st time", though it's your card and your money so do whatever ya want but don't come runnin' back to us if ya screw it up.

Comment

I'm not going to epoxy the 9600.. I did it to the 7000 because I removed it from my parent's computer.. because it was causing problems in theres.. So i got bored one day.. colored the card..then recently I put the card in my machine. You can see the details on the mod and stuff at my site.. (click the sig)

Comment

Originally posted by sepherum2ya
                  I'm not going to epoxy the 9600..
                  Make up ya mind will ya Homer.
                  Originally posted by sepherum2ya
                  Ok, so i have 5 heatsinks lying around.. I'm going to cut one of them up for Ram sinks on my ATI Radeon 9600 PRO, because i am 4 MHz away to XT speeds.

Comment

Well i'm going to get them on.. Just not with the epoxy i have. I'll get the Arctic Alumina Thermal Adhesive.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                      Make up ya mind will ya Homer.
                      :laugh:

Comment

done:)

Comment

Working...
                        X