How are my temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are my temps?

Mobo reading is 26 C, CPU is 41 C. My heat sensor on the heatsink reads 32 C. I figure these are acceptable, though not great... thoughts?

Are those temps at idle or under full load plus what's the room temp at the time? :?:

Comment

Putting the sensor on the heatsink really doesn't tell you anything, other than the temp of the heatsink....

It doesn't give you a clue about the CPU, it could be 5c warmer, to 50c hotter depending how good of a sink it is.

Comment

CPU is 41 C
        He already said what his CPU was..:cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
          Are those temps at idle or under full load plus what's the room temp at the time? :?:
          room temp is 23 C, those temps i just recorded when i was setting up the bios...
          and i just mentioned heatsink temp for the sake of mentioning it.

Comment

Run something like Prime95 (I use SETI@home myself but then I'm addicted) which will put the CPU under full load and then give us the temps back plus setup the ASUS Probe (its on ya mobo CD) so that ya can see the temps while in Windows so that ya don't have to get back into the BIOS.

Comment

Wiggo: would you please be able to offer some more info or a link on Prime95, i'd be interested to have a look. I had a quick look around the net, didnt really find much.

Any help will be appreciated :)

Comment

Originally posted by RoadrunneR
                Wiggo: would you please be able to offer some more info or a link on Prime95, i'd be interested to have a look. I had a quick look around the net, didnt really find much.

Any help will be appreciated :)
                Ummm... it was the very first link when performing a Google search. :?:

GIMPS has free software available for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OSX. Contribute to the effort by using your computer's spare processing power.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

Working...
                X