My WC project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good news: 24hr leak test passed w.o leaks !:D :thumb:
    now to play with the new block and mount it in a system.

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonLee
      Q: What is Shazza mean?
      The line was taken from a beer commercial here in Australia. The term 'Shazza' is a name. Shazza can mean a few names, including but not limited to:
      Sharron
      Charlene
      Cheryl

Originally posted by kane2g
      good news: 24hr leak test passed w.o leaks !:D :thumb:
      now to play with the new block and mount it in a system.
      Sounds good, keep us updated :)
      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

OK Swiftech block mounted! no leaks so far. :thumb:
        Also been playing with my eheim 1250. It had broken inlet barb plate and impeller is missing one prop? and one is cracked :(
        But with some good glue the barb portion is fixed. Ran it with the bad impeller, and I was amazed that it actually worked.
        Although it didnt have a lot of power, but still pumped water fine, and was able to deal with some airbubles, so Im hoping its gonna do OK.
        Looking at impellers and they are pretty expensive. $22 is the cheapest I found :(
        Even with bad impeller its still better than VIA Aqua :D
        Will post some more pics once i get the digicam out of the shop

Comment

Glad to hear you're making good progress Kane. :thumb: Bummer about the pump though. Seems like just getting a replacement may be the way to go rather than spending all that dough for parts, and still having a rebuilt pump. I plugged my Hydor pump in today, and was amazed at how quiet it is! :wow: It's quieter than any fan I've ever heard. : peace2: :cheers:

Comment

How much does the average WC System run for?

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonLee
              How much does the average WC System run for?
              24/7/365 :D

I dont want to spend the money on it, Im too cheap. For now im gonna stick with via pump. till I get enough coufrage to run eheim. Its been runing for 30mins so far with no leak or any sign of faliure. although i know its not runnin at 100%
              maybe I'll make an impeller for it or modify the current one. Dont look that hard actually :idea:

Comment

be very careful runing the pump with a broken impeller prop as it will mess up the alignments and probably lead to a very early death to your pump
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

yeah, i figured something is going to give. but ran it for couple hours and it ran fine. Im very satisfied with it. So its gonna get a new prop. Ill try to make it myself and see how that works. Although i have a feeling that im gonna break down and buy it :(

Comment

Working...
                  X