Nice and cool!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice and cool!!!!

Hi everyone, had to make a few more changes worth noting. Added 2 more stealth case fans ( 60mm ) to the topside of my case and switched to AS5 and boy, that did it!!!! Max temps now are 39 C on the XP2600+, idle temps get as low as 31-32 C very impressive!!! Looking at a new case as well. Got my eye on an antec lanboy or sonata any suggestions?

I like the design of the lanboy, but it has a lack of fan spots.

Could be fixed with a drill thouhg

Comment

I like both those cases. Only thing is they only come with 380 watt PSU's, so if you're doing alot of o/cing or lighting, it might not supply enough power. And a 92mm fan over the AGP will really cool that case, as the two 120mm in them cool alot already. I saw one in a display at Comp USA, the air flow is outstanding. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

I have used a sonata for a customer's machine a few weeks ago. It has a wicked black finish. And comes with a decent psu(rating is real, not exagerated). The 120mm rear exhaust fan is a nice touch but it overpowers the psu fan(on low speed) and sucks the hot psu air into the case right through the hsf. It also has thermo controled fan power connectors for case fans(don't plug fans into these if you want real cooling). The sensor for this is in the psu and controls the psu fan(bad). I will have to mod a 92mm fan into the front to stop the rear fan from creating a vacuum.
        The one feature I thought was real neat is the external 4pin molex on the back of the psu.
        On the bad side, I hate the big door that has to be opened to use the cd/dvd/floppy drives.
        athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
        tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
        asus a7n8xe-dlx
        thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
        bfg 6800gt
        seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
        samsung dvdrw
        2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
        logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
        2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
        creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
        mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
        DFI infinity nf4 ultra
        thermaltake tsunami dream -black
        seagate sataII 500gb
        evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
        samsung sata dvd-rw
        2x1024 ocz black
        logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
        ocz fatal1ty 550w

Comment

THat's why you add another 120mm to the front, now that I remember, the techie talking to me about it said that. Funny how much pull it creates though. : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

The mounts for the front 120mm are behind the hd cage towards the back of the case. This will just blow the existing air around and not really draw anything in from the front. That is why I will have to cut a hole and use a grille in the front to actually draw outside air.

I forgot to mention, there is a plastic filter in front that can be removed from the bottom of the case, nice touch. It has 2 finger tabs to release it. I had to break one of the tabs off to avoid needing 3 hands to remove the filter to clean it.

Anyway, there is just enough room between the filter and the front of the case to squeeze a 92mm fan in there.
            athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
            tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
            asus a7n8xe-dlx
            thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
            bfg 6800gt
            seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
            samsung dvdrw
            2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
            logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
            2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
            creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
            mushkin 550w