Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Issue / Recommendations

Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for new cpu cooling. It's getting pretty hot where I live with my bedroom often sitting around 35 degrees which creates problems with my cooling. I'm currently just running a stock cooler which just doesnt cut it at all.

I've been looking arund for some time and was just wondering if anyone would be helpful enough to give me their opinion or recommendation on the type of heatsink i should look for. Im looking at spending around 55$AU (maybe a little more, maybe a little less) I would also like something with a bit of visual stimulation :P as ive spent a bit of money modding my case.

Here are a couple ive been looking at:

Thermaltake Volcano 9

CoolerMaster Aero 7+

These are just ideas, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

It'd really help us if you told us what CPU you have :thumb: . : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

what cpu do you have?
      is it or will it be overclocked?
      do you have good case airflow?

Comment

im sorry guys,

I have an AMD 2000+

It isnt, and i very much doubt it will be overclocked

I have a thermaltake xaser II case which has 2 intake fans and 2 exhust fans, the side has to be left off becasue as soon as its all closed up it over heats straight away.

Comment

Forget the Volcano 9 as it really doesn't do a good job for all the noise it makes (it's just a slightly improved Volcano 7). The CoolerMaster Aero 7+ isn't bad but also take a look at the Volcano 7+ (which I like to use) or the Volcano 12. All can be found here in the one store in Brisbane.

Comment

thats my other issue, i currently run 11 fans in my computer, none of which are very loud (this computer is in my bedroom so i dont want it sounding like an airport) so i would preffer sometihing not to loud ;)

Comment

ThermalTake SilentBoost K7

We have an inhouse review as well. I havent used it, but its what Ill be purchasing unless someone convinces me otherwise.

I would recommend checking this out either way. It doesnt have the V7+ but its a good review.

I have a Question of my own. Whats the difference between Hydro wave ball bearings, and normal ball bearing?

Comment

i have found a cheap volcano 7+, anyone have any neg feedback on these? im just in desperate need of a heatsink.

is there much reason why i shouldnt say the volcano 12 over this?

also, am i going to be blown away by its noise?

for the few dollars more is it worth getting the 9+? or am i best to stick with the 7+ over it.

Comment

Right now, I think the Volcano 7+ is the best bang for you buck heatsink. Its all copper, decent lapping, and a good fan that can be made pretty quiet. The onyl thing that thermaltake makes that beats it out eprformance wise is the 12, and that thing sounds like a Learjet.

Comment

I would not say a volcano 7+ is quiet..depends on what setting. :cheers:
                    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
                    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
                    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
                    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
                    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
                    SC: Audigy 2 zs
                    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
                    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
                    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

On high speed (which I rarely use) they can be a bit loud (though not as loud as quite a few others that I can think of). The V12 is about the same noise wise but a fraction cooler.

Comment

I kinda have thesame question, I am gonna be using a Pentium 4 2.6C what can you guys recommend to cool this thing off? Its gonna be overclocked to 3+ ghz.

By the way is Zalman CNPS7000A Series good for cooling on overclocked system?

thanks in advance!

Comment

I've got my 2.4C to 3.24GHz with the standard alloy Intel HSF, that's as far as that will go atm, but I'm goin' to remove the Volcano 7+ from my 2.4B setup to see how close to 3.5GHz I can get it.

Comment

wow, is the intel heatsink loud? What temps are you getting? J/w, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

No its not loud at all but under 100% the CPU sits at about 21C above room temp though the 7+ will cut that down just on low speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X