new case, unusual fan placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new case, unusual fan placement

I got a great deal on this case the other day ($39 US, free shipping) and when I recieved it I noticed it had a 92mm fan placement in a place I had never seen one before (shown below). I'm pretty sure it should be an intake fan, but with 2x 80mm front intakes and another 92mm in the window it seem like a bit over overkill on the intake side. There's only 2x 80 mm outtake (not including the PSU, which doesn't move enough case air to matter).

I have to buy some 92 mm fans anyway, so I'm looking for some suggestions to balance the air flow a bit.

more case pics here

*yes I know it's just another modified UNEEC clone ;)

one more thing, anyone have any idea what this metal plate on the bottom is?

Comment

That "wrong side" intake is used by Aopen in some of their models.

For the plate, hmm can it be some sort of drive rail..:?:

Comment

id say balance the airflow pressure by putting in Low CFm near silent fans in all the intake spots, and 2 high medium noise fans in back. Balanced airflow + Very low noise. The wrong side intake doesnt sound bad, would supply another fresh air stream across the northbridge and cpu heatsink (with the air being pulled toward the rear)

Comment

My Aopen H600A has 2 fan mounts positioned pretyt much where yours it. In my experience with them, I'd say they are or drive cooling.
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to move that hole down and put it next to the HDD bay instead of next to the 3.5" bay? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by Mista K6
              Wouldn't it make more sense to move that hole down and put it next to the HDD bay instead of next to the 3.5" bay? :?:
              not with this case, the lower 3.5" bay section has it's own fan so this fan can supply cool air to the upper 3.5" section (look at the second pic)

thanks for the input fellas, I'll figure out what I'm going to do with all of it when I get back from vacation
              :wave:

Comment

Working...
              X