Could this setup work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this setup work?

I am still trying to build a rig which is dead silent. I am going to watercool the cpu, gpu and nb. But then I would still need some air circulation for the HD, memory etc. So I wanted to use a sealed box for the intake, and use pvc hoses to duct the air directly to the places that need cooling. And then 1 fan to suck the air out through the psu. the fans are 150mm, 200+cfm each.
    Do you think this could work?

ok, i like the idea, but the hose and the silencer box at the top with a fan are really pointless..all your doing is moving the air into a diffent box and blowing it a different way..the psu fan blows the air out the back anyway so dont worry about that one...and for the other box with all those air lines, your gonna need alot more fans then just one to blow all that air through those hoses..you have other fans in your case right?..ohh and those air lines, are they blowing air into the case or out...

Comment

Well the "silencing box" is really meant to do just that. If you guide the air of a fan through a channeled box it will act like a muffler. And that is what I want.
      Those airlines are blowing air into the case. And I wasn't planning on adding any case fans, also because of the noise. But that 150mm fan should be strong enough. Have you ever seen the Delta 120mm "screamer"? That is nothing in comparison to these fans. It truly blows!

Comment

but your gonna need something to get rid of the warm air in the case. if your blowing air in onto warm things, then theres gonna be warm air floating around with no fans to move it. maybe even 1 120mm fan up to for exaust would do...but holy **** where are you gonna get a 150mm fan from:bounce: i want one

Comment

Well I got the fans from a dumpstore. there from Papst, so they are not even all that loud. Mounting them inside the case could be a problem. They are made of metal, are about 50 mm thick and weigh about 1 kg each :D I already blew a fan controller with them. It didn't like the 12W beast
          As for removing the hot air; that's the job of the second fan. He must suck out the air throught the PSU. That way I can use a fanless psu. I think I'll just try to see if the intake part will work. Getting the air through the tubes at high speed will probably be the biggest problem .

Comment

mmmmm, gettting the air in there is reallly not a big problem, getting the air through the psu is a problem....but im not gonna make you change your mind, do you thinks right, and i want to see pictures if you can..:cheers:

Comment

Dont worry, once I get that setup going (if ever) I'll be posting a lot of pics. Unless I screwed up big time off course :p

Comment

well if you do screw up, il help you tear it down. got a couple shotguns we can pump it full of lead..then you will get hella good air flow:laugh:

Comment

Nice Christmas thought: 1001 ways to kill a pc

Comment

Working...
                  X