120 mm fan duct to cpu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120 mm fan duct to cpu?

I have a zalman 7000 all copper flower heatsink and was thinking about running a duct off my 120 mm in the side and run it right over the top of my hsf. I have good case ventalation, 2 120 mm fans blowing in and have a slight positive case pressure. I was wondering if this would help the cpu temp?:?:
    :?:

Those Heatsinks do still need air flowing over them, some come with a bracket to mount a fan close. If you can get a duct in there, go for it.

Comment

ccstx73, sounds like you have a very nice airflow in that case. J/w, what kind of case is it? I'm looking for a case for my new comp, to be built sometime in the near future. Thanks, : peace2: Mista K6

Comment

Look at the Antec SLK3700AMB w/350W PSU or even better the Super Lanboy... does't come with a PSU tho...
        Both come with 2 120mm fan fitting!
        Cool and quiet, i would recommand the super lanboy if you can afford it...or if you already got a Better PSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Helium_Junkie
          Those Heatsinks do still need air flowing over them, some come with a bracket to mount a fan close. If you can get a duct in there, go for it.
          The 7000 is the one with the fan in the middle already mounted :)

Comment

Originally posted by[b] Mista K6
            I'm looking for a case for my new comp, to be built sometime in the near future.
            Just remember, BTX will replace ATX mid-04 ! New mobo / new case / new video card (PCI Express) !!!
            SPAM Special Ops

Comment

a little insight wiggo???? I have the fan still on the heatsink.

Comment

Originally posted by ccstx73
                a little insight wiggo???? I have the fan still on the heatsink.
                I've doubled up fans over the CPU b4 but givin' us some hardware details plus temps (CPU under full load plus room temps, Celcius makes makes more sence to most of us). A pic or link to ya case would help especially if all intake and exhaust fans are included.

Comment

Working...
                X