Vantec NXP-201 Fan Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantec NXP-201 Fan Controller

My Vantec Fan Controller will be here today. I will have a Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu hsf on my processor and it comes with its own fan controller that works from 5 to 10v. The Vantec controller works from 7 to 12v. I'd like to plug the hsf into the Vantec. Do you think I should use the Zalman controller or hook it up through the new Vantec? It would run faster at 7v than 5v but will it be enough to hear a difference? This will be on my P4 2.53 system which is overclocked.

I'd hook it up to the Vantec unit myself. I'm not keen on 5v for a fan as most require 7v for a good start (5v can result in the fan not startin' or burnin' out to abnormally high drain at low voltage).

Comment

Got the Vantec installed. Wow! What a difference it makes! On the lowest setting I do not hear the case or cpu fans. Now I can browse silent and turn it up while gaming.

Comment

Is it okay to run a Volcano 7+ through a controller? The Vantec has a warning not to use an adjustable speed fan through it.

Comment

You can run the 7+ thru it but what the warnin' means is that ya must remove the 7+'s speed controller first which is no hard task.

Comment

Working...
          X