cpu temp question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cpu temp question

Currently running a 1.1 Amd T-Bird, 2 exhaust fans, Abit KT7-A Raid board, Orb Heatsink with copper contact and standard fan on the HS. Room temp is about 68-72. Case temp is 77-81 and my CPU is running at 42 C. Its also a full tower with a 600W PS.
    Temps vary between 2-3 degrese depending on if the case is open or shut.

is this temp range bad?

Never had any stability issues, glitches, or spontanious reboots.

Thanks,

Its not bad but its not good. Its seems like you have a problem with you case cooling seeing that your temps change will you case door open. If you are looking for better cooling invest in something along the lines of a Volcano 7+ or 9 as Heatsink and fan. Also if you have the space try to get some Intake fans. Always have more intake air and a bit less exhaust.
    - Damien

Comment

when you are in the bios, and checking your CPU temp, is the CPU running at %100, or is it idleing? Just want to know what the normal temp is going to be for my CPU when it is idleing.

Comment

Its idling. Load temps are right after or during a benchmark test, or Sandra...
        - Damien

Comment

You should try checking your mobo's web site for utilities, many have a program that monitors temps, much easier than checking BIOS!
          I use MSI board with PC Alert/Fuzzy Logic. Very useful and shipped on CD with the board :)

Comment

Give us all temps (room/system/CPU) in degrees Celsius (these forums are international and celsius is the most common measurement) with the CPU under 100% load (idle temps are really useless) but everything sounds fine to me.

Comment

Working...
            X