Cooling Heaven [merged threads]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Heaven [merged threads]

Who said you had to give up performance to get great cooling!!!! Installed 3 - 92mm Vantec Stealth case fans and a Thermaltake Silent boost heatsink/fan and what do you know...... CPU average temp. now down to 37 degrees C and a whole lot less naoise to boot!!!! These are all very good products, highly recomended!!!!

I've been praising the Tt silent boost ever since I got one, and you're even getting 3 C cooler than me. I'm using 5 medium speed 80 mm fans though.

btw, what cpu do you have it sitting on?

EDIT: wait a minute, you said cpu average temp didn't you? what is the max temp? That's the one that really matters.

Comment

It is sitting on top of a Athon XP2600+ using arctic silver 3. Max temp is 42 degrees C under load for an extended period.

Comment

42? not bad at all :)

I'm getting 40 on an 2100 palomino with AS Ceramique running Folding@home 24/7 (Room temp ~22 C)

Comment

hi im new but i have a water cooler sitting on top of my AMD XP 3200+ over clocked too 3700 :D

Comment

Water cooling is always nice. :D

If you have a quality setup, you should be getting temperatures that are just a few degrees off room ambient.
            Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
            My Toys

Comment

With much swearing and a $125.00, my pc now runs cooler with much less noise. The addition of 3 - Vantec Stealth case fans, all 92mm and a Thermaltake Silent Boost all helped to bring temps down nicely. A 37-38 average temp now, with a maximum of 43 C. To see if this was all worth it, I decided to max the CPU out for about an hour and a half at a room temp of 21 C. The results listed above are what I got and I am very pleased. These mods dropped the CPU operating temp by about 20 C and shouls ensure long life for my Athon XP. Anyone considering any or all of the above parts, please do so, you won't regret it. Highly recomended.

Comment

OCed CPU or not?

Comment

The Athon XP is running at the stock speed of 2.13GHZ . Although minje seems to be a good one, it goes 2.145GHZ. Good CPU that XP 2600+.

Comment

BubbaMGDGuy, I"m glad you've got the results you want but there really is no need at all for a second thread.

Comment

Finally got the last bit of cooling done to my box!!!! This was a zalman heatpipe gpu cooler/with fan, bot does this sucker deliver!!!! On fresh AS3 gpu temps dropped 10 C right off at stock clocks. When the FX - 5600 was rung out to the max, all I saw was 49 C (411mhz core 687 mem ), which is about 3-4 degrees lower than before at stock clock settings!!!! Also took the liberty of lapping the heatsink on the silent boost which seems to have dropped my max down to 41 C. All this from a box I thought could not run cooler. With the silent boost, the antec stealth case fans, and the zalman unit, I have put about $200.00 into cooling and I see the results have been worth it!!! No more 60+ C temps on the CPU and no more mid 50 C temps on the FX - 5600. All with a whole lot less noise than before, so no one is *****ing about the noise any more. May try some of that new AS5 as I got some when the zalman arrived, hmmmm............

Comment

so do i go with the volcano 7 or silent boost? i dont care about how quit it is, just how low the temps are..

Comment

Less noise when it comes to our PC's is a good thing!!!! Now using AS5 and seeing max temps of 38-39 C in a warmer room!!! See 30 C on the low end now, also did a lapping job on the Silent Boost. This thing cools great, better than a coolermaster heatpipe unit with a naoisey fan!!! Good Luck!!!!!

Comment

anybody used Volcano 7 that wants to compare it to the silent boost....

Comment

Most all the volcano's are quite loud, the silent boost cools as well with little noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X