Vantec Aeroflow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vantec Aeroflow

I have a AMD Athlon 2000+ with the stock HSF, I'm thinking of getting a Vantec Aeroflow so i can overclock, The highest overclock i could get was 2.31 Ghz but i dont want to keep it at that because of the AMD HSF.

What kind of temps would you think i would get with it with the amd at stock speed.

Usally i get around 40-45*C at idle now at stock.

I will probably get Artic Silver 5 to.

I get 40 full load with no OC on an intel p4 2.6

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        What kind of temps would you think i would get with it with the amd at stock speed.

Usally i get around 40-45*C at idle now at stock.

I will probably get Artic Silver 5 to.
        idle temps are irrelevant, when you are maxing the cpu is when you need to be conserned about your temps. However, if you are getting mid-40s at idle then I'm sure you are hitting upper 50s or quite possibly the [dreaded] 60s.

Personally I have not used the Vantec Aeroflow, but I have heard that it is a decent hsf. I personally use the Thermaltake Silent Boost which is very quiet (21 dB) and my OC 2100+ never gets over 40 C (running Folding@Home 24/7). However I also have excelent case air flow, which is something you need to consider. If you have poor air flow the best HSF wont get you good temps.

Comment

Working...
        X