Water Block Round up 2003(must see)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Block Round up 2003(must see)

i was reading reviews of blocks at www.liquidninjas.com and i found out which water blocks suck and which ones rock...he did reviews on the cascade , RBX , Aqua Gold , MAZE4 , Swittech MCW5002 ,ThermoChil , and BeCooling Split Edge . now and heres a chart of there perfomances this one is for 2000MHz at 1.6v full flow

for a couple other charts like the one above, go to..this is just a big chart showing the temps and diff...Liquid Ninja Reviews

Comment

Wow....That Cascade outperforms by that much? Now I really have confidence in buying it.
      Nice find :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by DraGoN-BoY
        Wow....That Cascade outperforms by that much? Now I really have confidence in buying it.
        Nice find :thumb:
        Same here, im waiting 6 motnhs tho bcuz he' slike not producing them :(

Comment

You serious?

Comment

yeah, he is, at the time i recommended it to you, i didn't know, but he's delayed production for a bit :(
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Hmmmmm, what to do...... wait? Or choose another water block.:confused:
              Think I might wait.

Comment

speaking of the cascade, it cost 90 bucks not adding the shipping cause its in aus, and im in the states AHHH DAMN IT!!go to that site i provided and read the reviews, theres about six pages i think but its worth the time i think most of them have some things bad and good..this guy did a good review on all of them....:mad:

Comment

Hi Derrick,

Thank you for showing interest in acquiring a Cascade water-block.

Due to demand far exceeding supply and production capacity I regret
                  to inform you that we have stopped accepting new orders until the
                  back-log is cleared. Ordinarily we would have placed you onto a wait
                  list, but the wait list has now blown out to such a state that it is
                  clear that is it unfair to accept more people until the matter is
                  resolved.

At this stage, a tentative date of the 1st February 2004 has been set
                  for the recommencement of the placing of pre-orders.

Sincerely,

Stew.

:cry:
                  Ohh well. Only over a month wait, thats alright, glad that business for them is at a high.

Comment

You could just get a boring ole Whitewater instead. Won't be quite as good as the cascade but it'll still be better than anything else out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereignty
                      You could just get a boring ole Whitewater instead. Won't be quite as good as the cascade but it'll still be better than anything else out there.
                      Its not that boring.
                      Also, because he is cooling a P4, a WW won't be as effective because the main cooling area is a bit bigger than the size of an amd core. The heat spreader on the p4 will hamper its performance.
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

"All good things come to those who wait"
                        I will wait for the Cascade in Jan next year. :D

Comment

I have my Cascade order [too bad I don't wish to spend $100 extra for the SS, .5 C isn't a big dea] And please the liquid ninja's review is known to have problems with the difference in load temps vs. idle temps. Discussed over at overclockers but I can't seem to find it in the few minutes I have. The Cascade CAN be shipped to the US, besides its $90USD for the block and less than $10USD for shipping, but prices change daily. I have talked to Stew [Cathar] about this.

Now onto the RBX. The difference in temperatures is not related to the nozzle but the difference in mounting.
                          for each nozzle type before they can begin to make a judgement on what nozzle is working better, otherwise we get into the situation where someone says that #2 works better than #5 (or whatever), when really all they were seeing was just a mounting variation.
                          From the one and only Cathar.

Comment

Working...
                          X