need a good base design for a water block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a good base design for a water block

I am designing a liquid cool system for a class t at school, i plan on biulding it from the CADS i am making, but i don't know alot on water block design.
    The liqiud i am going to use is an oil that doesn't cunduct electicity but does conduct heat, event when it isn't distilled.
    i could use links to sites or anything else that can be offered.

well money will be a pretty big factor in this so how much are you willing to spend but heres a couple of sites:

www.liquidninjas.com (has a lot of reviews and things)
    theres others too other people know them...dangerden is my fav though...

Comment

I am willing to spend anything, i can get any metal i want and my brothers a machineist and owes me a favor

I'd prefer copper
      its for a p4 system

Comment

so exactly what do you want..a whole water system with everything or what..or do you only need a water block

Comment

Dude, he needs a design for a waterblock that he wants to build himself, hes not looking to buy a block. Heres a link to a site that may give you some help, its all about waterblock design and construction.

Comment

ooohhhhhhhhhhhhh...little slow here :?:

Comment

thanks
              i got a basic design in mind
              a copper aluminum mix
              copper block with alluminum pins for even cooling
              its like a spiral lemon design

thanks again

Comment

Mixin' copper and aluminium parts is very risky as these two metals have a very bad tendency to cause galvanic corrosion (the aluminium will break down). Either use one or the other but not the two in combination.

Comment

Start out with a basic #rotor block, it can be easily made with a drill press and patience. Then I recommend checking out this website
                  Its not a how-to but it has some great designs and it will give you an idea of what a block should look like. And Wiggo is right, copper + alu don't mix. But according to Cathar silver and copper do...

Comment

Heres my CAD design, suggestions?

Comment

I like the design, but I would suggest making the pin area larger. You got a nice big chunk of copper there, but you're only using about 1/3 of the block for metal to water transfer. BUt all in all that design is gonna make a hell of a lot of turbulance, which is a good thing. Also, if its physically possible, try increasing the surface are of the pins by putting little indents on the pins, doing something like this pic, it would make it look cooler too.

Comment

Working...
                      X