• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• volcano 11+?

I was wondering has anyone got xp of

Thermaltake Volcano 11+

is it worth to buy r should I stick to my coolermaster aero lite7

if your temps are good and you don't have any problems/complaints with your current hsf, why change?

Comment

Comment

Get the Aeroflow instead, for $5 less you get a much better heatsink.

Comment

Originally posted by musculus
          I was wondering has anyone got xp of

Thermaltake Volcano 11+

is it worth to buy r should I stick to my coolermaster aero lite7
          The Volcano 7+ cools better than the Volcano 11+. Those LAN rooms must be very hot inside then.

Comment

I got a Vul 11 - Does pretty well, but makes a fair amount of noise.

I haven't recorded my temps, but I know that no mater what I'm doin, My CPU temps never above 40C.

It also helps that I have 5x80mm fans coolin the case
            :D

Originally posted by Wiggo
            The Volcano 7+ cools better than the Volcano 11+.
            Really? I was unaware of this. Got review link?

Comment

I've personally had the 11+ here to test on a few of my systems but it failed by 2-3C over the 7+ (it did win the most noise contest though) but have a look at the right hand column here.

Comment

You might want to look at the new Volcano 12 version. I've just finished up some testing and it does very well.
                Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
                My Toys

Comment

Yeah, the 11+ is down by 3 degrees. Yet, still does a great job in comparison to alot of others :)

Comment

Yes that it does but I can do without all the noise so I'll stick with the 7+ for now until a better and cheaper option becomes available for both Athlons and P4's.

I'll keep my eye out for that review Darth but I hope it doesn't sound like a jet engine. ;)

Comment

I got 2 V7+ and they are good, but I like the V11. As far as the noise goes, I replaced the fan with quiet one that pushes about 27CFM and it cools better than v7+ on medium. So it has my vote.
                      Also since it takes 80mm fans, its a lot easier to get a replacement fan for it to make it quiet.
                      :2cents:

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
                        You might want to look at the new Volcano 12 version. I've just finished up some testing and it does very well.
                        I had no idea that there was a volcano 12... I gues that's what i get for being too busy lately :tears:

anyway, it looks like it's going to be another screamer. I think I'll be sticking with my TT Silent Boost for a while :)
                        Here's the specs on the volcano 12:

Comment

Originally posted by kane2g
                          I got 2 V7+ and they are good, but I like the V11. As far as the noise goes, I replaced the fan with quiet one that pushes about 27CFM and it cools better than v7+ on medium. So it has my vote.
                          Also since it takes 80mm fans, its a lot easier to get a replacement fan for it to make it quiet.
                          :2cents:
                          How'd you go about replacing the fan?
                          Where'd u get the fan part for starters. Sounds like a good idea...

Comment

its just a regular 80mm fan. lts pretty much a standard in case fans. You have plenty of different ones out there.

Comment

Yeah 80x80x25 standard likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X