Thermaltake A1889 Silent Boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermaltake A1889 Silent Boost

Anybody out there tried out one of those new TT Silent boost heatsink/fan combos? Sounds like it really does the job. Need to get my 2600+ temps down and be able to leave the side panel on. Let me know guys and girls.

I have one, and I love it. It really is very quiet and my overclocked 2100+ (palomino core - more than likely runs hotter than your 2600+) never gets above 40 C.

What are your temps now, and what hsf are you using now? You will need decent air flow no matter what hsf you use if you want good temps.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Right now, with the side panel off, it is running 45-46 degrees when at idle and 52-53 degrees when under load. Using a coolermaster heatpipe low noise heatsink/ fan now with the fan plugged in off the antec psu. Have 2 case fans one 80mm in front and a 92mm at the back plus the 2 in the psu. The woman in my house are complaining of naoise so I have to be able to cool this thing way down and keep the cover on.

Comment

your 2 case fans, they are blowing in the front and out the back, right? what kind of TIM are you using?

*and what is the ambient temp of the room the PC is in?

Comment

Yes, the front fan draws air in and the back one is the exhaust. Room temp is 22 degrees C anf the material in question is artic silver 3.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaMGDGuy
            Thanks for the reply. Right now, with the side panel off, it is running 45-46 degrees when at idle and 52-53 degrees when under load. Using a coolermaster heatpipe low noise heatsink/ fan now with the fan plugged in off the antec psu. Have 2 case fans one 80mm in front and a 92mm at the back plus the 2 in the psu. The woman in my house are complaining of naoise so I have to be able to cool this thing way down and keep the cover on.
            Ya don't happen to be usin' those "Fan Only" connectors from that PSU do ya? :?:

Comment

Nope, none of my fans worked when I plugged them into the fan only connectors.

Comment

That's ok then as those "Fan Only" connectors are temp controlled by the PSU itself.

Comment

Working...
                X