Fan noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan noise

hey, i have a dell 2.2 GHz intel pent 4 machine..running xp....my question is....as soon as i turn on my computer...my cpu fan starts to work harder...like it will sound normal then once in a while u will hear it give it a boost that will last for a few mins then go back to normal...i doubt its heating up..cause it will happen in the beginning when i turn my computer on...i got my computer like 3 months ago....anyone have any clues?

1 more question....is it true that dell buys generic hardware and slaps a dell sticker on it and sells it? like is my computer parts inside generic?

Comment

When the fan speeds up it just means that a temperature threshold has been passed and the fan starts to work harder. So then it cools down to below the threshold and it will slow down, which will increase the temp to a level above the threshold etc etc.

Comment

i have a dell opti-plex, and my cpu fan cranks when i turn it on too, im pritty sure its just cus it turned on and it hasnt POSTED yet, so it dont know the cpu temp quite yet... i have about 500 of these dell at my work...there all the same... also dell isnt generic..there actualy like buying a hand-built pc...intel mobo(with dell lable and BIOS) intel chip(duh), WD or Maxtor HDD, lite-on cd/dvd roms/rw Zip disk zip drives...sony diskette drives, and nvidia/ati vid cards (nvidia are labled by Nvidia, and from my expiriance it looks like a referance card..not a name brand like PNY, Gainward etc..

Comment

my friend also told me that also ..its casue of the temp....but its like in the 1st 5 mins wheni turn on my computer...it makes taht noise...and right now its very cold in my hosue....and its running smoothly..so it proabably was the heat...but what puzzles me is how hot can a computer really get in 5mins for my fan to work harder? and thanks everyone for your help

Comment

oops i take it back,,,,its cold in the room very...and the fan just kicked in but then went back to normal......is this a bad sign...should i worry it is it normal?:shrug:

Comment

Working...
            X