New machine runs a bit hot..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New machine runs a bit hot..

Ok I have a hard time keeping my 2600+ @ 11.5x200 below 50c during 6 hours of full load testing with prime.

It worked fine until yesterday when my gf said sumthing like,
    "Darling, kill that side intake fan or I'ma kill you cuz it's nasty loud!"

:scream: <--------------------------the gf in question yesterday

This small room has a temp of aprox 25c and my Volcano7+ on some AS3 can't get enough fresh air, atm I'm having about 30-34cfm in and out of the case with a nice flow.

I have to lower it to stock speeds in order to get the cpu temp below 50c during full load.. :(
    Is this temp weird high under this conditions..?

It's a small small chance that the AS3 tube has been exposed to frost under a night when I forgot to take it in from my car. Can this have destroyed it making it leading the heat bad..? IF it were exposed that is..:?:

50C isn't so bad for all i know!

And for your AS3 compound go see the artic silver site and ask them!

Comment

What case airflow do ya have as the 7+'s here on medium speed which will keep a CPU to around 18-20C above room temp under full load? :?:

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
        What case airflow do ya have as the 7+'s here on medium speed which will keep a CPU to around 18-20C above room temp under full load? :?:
        M8 if I turn up the 7+ to medium speed I'll most likely wake up with a bunch o divorce papers on the pillow right next to me one of these days.. :shrug:

Btw, I'm running 46/31c at idle and 52/32c after 6 hours of full load without any instability what so ever. Because of the 31-32 case temp I think the airflow should be ok.

But as it differs THAT mutch between the case temp and the cpu I start to wonder if it's something wrong with my AS3 or maybe the hsf, could it be in use of a lapping ya think..:?:

Comment

Well if ya runnin' it on low then those temps would be about right.

Comment

Maybe your right. Time will tell if it lives or dies on me. :)

Comment

Working...
            X